Possible to get back together?

Do you think it is possible or realistic to get back together with an ex?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Possible, definitely, realistic... Sort of, although for the most part I wouldn't put money on it. I've dated an ex of mine four times in total and had one or two 'things' in between. Honestly though I kind of knew how things would go, at the same time she's almost like my kryptonite.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I voted no for not realistic for thinking it will work any better than the first round. It is possible you could get back with them but you broke up for a reason and the reason is still there. So if it was bad enough to break up once why not again?

I have forced a reconnection and it was hard and eventually we resented each other and just really prolonged happiness with other we should have been with instead !

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is possible. though it all depends on not only why you broke up in the first place but if you both are truly committed to give things another go

0|0
    0|0
  • It's always possible, but I never really put too much stock in it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possible and realistic yes. Logical, no.

2|0
    0|0
  • It happens all the time. A friend of mine, she had a horrible break up with her boyfriend a a year, two years ago. She's marrying him later this year.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• not immediately like some couples... when you break up its usually for a good reason! Most of the time, some time apart to grow and learn can make two people more suited for each other!

2|0
    0|0
    • curious, and don't get me wrong I agree about 'some time apart to grow and learn", but what is too short of time do you think? like 3 weeks too short?

• I think it's possible but the main factor would depend on how things ended. If one partner left the other cause they weren't feeling it anymore then it can be more unlikely to successfully get back together because you can't force someone to feel something they don't, but if it was a argument over something silly that led to a break up then the problem can be solved.

0|0
    0|0
  • That depends on the reason for the break up. If it's over because one of the partners stopped loving the other one, it's a no. A big no.

If a big fight was the reason, it depends on how serious it was, what was the reason, does the one who is "guilty" regret doing what they did, etc...

Either way, it is crucial that they both still have feelings for each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to solve the problem of why you broke up. If you can it might work out but if you can't a few weeks in after the honeymoon phase has worn off you'll be right back to your misery.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possible, sometimes. Realistic? Realistically I don't think it's a good idea, unless the relationship was ended on good terms and because of a positive "real reason" (not because the love had faded away or because someone had cheated). But that's very rare. If something was so bad that it caused them to break up, I don't think there's a reason to get back together. If things get bad, you fight for your relationship. If you can't or don't want to fight, obviously you need to break up. And why would anyone want to be with someone who doesn't want to put in the effort to keep the relationship alive?

"Breakups happen for a reason" is a very worn out phrase, but it's true.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely!

But, whether it will actually work out or not depends on the reason why you guys broke up in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are aware of the things that went wrong the first time around and fix them, I don't see why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possible: yes

Realistic: yes

Should you? That's the real question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever someone asked me that I have always said there's a reason why those two people broke up. He's an "ex"ample of who not to date. But in the course of many years I've changed my opinion. If two people are meant to be together then they will find their way back together. If a couple breaks up because the other cheated, it really depends on what they did. That's for the couple to decide but personally if it's a minor thing, I'll give the guy a second chance to prove that he's worthy. If a couple is on and off, it's evidence that the two aren't working out and the effort is useless. And if it's a distance issue or a family issue, that's really up to them. Me, for example, I need the guy here with me for it to work. The relationship between the person and his/her family says a lot about the individual. All in all if you want to get back together with an ex, think about what you two have been through and consider why you guys broke up. Decisions, decisions..right?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea, there's a lot of people I know that do it all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possible: Yes

Realistic: No

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes