Is it weird to like someone so much it hurts?

So me and this girl I like a lot in my class sat next to each other in the far back of the class all year and right when we actually start to get to know each other better the teacher moves her to the very front of the class and leaves me in the back... Its been a week and it feels like its been months sense we actually had a conversion. I really miss her alot, and the only time we actually see each other is passing in the hallway where we give each other these lovestruck looks and smiles. We only have the one class together and it ends 2nd semester (January). Every time I think of her and her beautiful smile I get this feeling in my chest and gut. Is that weird? What is this feeling?
I'm afraid to ask her out because she is always texting on her phone and it kinda worries me she could be talking to someone other then me...

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah...I think so...at least my Boyfriend has told me that before...and I feel the same about him sometimes...because I'm not allowed to live with him before marriage I miss him a whole lot and it hurts so much. I don't think it's weird...it's just that you must really like her...

why not just try it and ask her out...if she turns you down...on to the next one...

I rarely have ever gotten asked out in my whole life...even the current Boyfriend (and only Boyfriend I've ever had) didn't ask me out...our mutual friend set us up...he knew me before but was afraid to ask me out because he thought I was seeing another guy (which I wasn't...because...no one ever asks me out)...so you really can't make assumptions at all.

• Lol, I like the part "because... no one ever asks me out". Everyone seems to think I'm popular and definitely have a boyfriend hidden somewhere, but not really...

Anyway, mind if I ask, after you guys started seeing each other, did you boyfriend stop being shy and being afraid of taking the lead, so to say? Sorry if it's a strange question^^;;

• I don't mind answering at all...actually...no he didn't start taking the lead right after we started going out...he was still very insecure for a while and still is to an extent...I ask him why and he says I deserve better, etc stuff like that...It was such a strange experience because I was very intimidated by him at first since he's so smart and outgoing...but I saw a very insecure side...I keep having to reassure him that I'm not going anywhere...luckily he likes to talk things out