What was the last TV show finale that disappointed you?

I just watched The Mentalist, after waiting 6 years to learn who Red John was (for those who don't know, he was a serial killer, also killed main character's wife and daughter), I was INSANELY disappointed with the result. The show isn't over but the Red John story is, and I feel cheated, after all that time.

I was also recently disappointed with the Dexter finale.

What was the last show you watched until the end and felt disappointed and/or cheated after being a loyal fan for years?

Why were you disappointed?

What did you *want* to happen? Any ideas?

Thanks for answering :-)

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i was also disapointed with the final season and the ending of Dexter :l, SPOILER BELOW

he could have easily had himself a happy ending but he self destructed on purpose due to someone that he wouldn't have seen again alive or not unless they visited him in Argentina. I heard they did it to leave them room for spin offs, a movie or a new series in the future (last ones unlikely though) but I could have personally thought of at least 3 better endings that would have had you on the edge of your seat

1|0
    0|0
    • I personally wanted Dexter to die on the table... that, to me, seemed like the only way it SHOULD have ended. Maybe that's just me, but I felt to end it, he must die.

• Show All
    • in her own twisted little suicide pact thinking the family will be together forever - bringing in her love to poison people instead of turning her into a soppy idiot who falls in love and becomes ms perfect

• Thanks for ba! :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• The X-Files finale felt disappointing to me. I watched that one on DVD about five years after it aired though

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I have to admit the X-Files got disappointing and disjointed towards the end of the series. I still love it to death though and have watched it all several times haha

• I fell out of love when Reyes and Doggett came on, it just wasn't right.

But before that, the best TV show I've ever seen. It will probably ALWAYS be my favorite :-)

• haha most of them.

what was the last one?

Weeds

Why was I disappointed?

It was just a let down compared to what I expected. The show had been on a weird downward slide for about 3 seasons so I guess I should not have expected much fromt he finale but I hoped they could go out with a big bang. ultimately it was rather lame though

0|0
    0|0
  • Dexters end didn't bother me, I don't really hate many endings, I actually like The Sopranos ending it left you thinking, and I guess I didn't like the shows that were cancelled by the network and they patched a rushed ending together. I mean I loved The OC and Nip/Tuck and I still think they're the best TV shows I've seen, their endings were flat compared to the rest of the show... Definitely not the writers fault, I blame the networks for expecting the show to end by a certain point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lost. Great story telling, character development, etc. But that stupid ending along with all the unanswered questions actually stuck with me and bothered me for a long time. Okay, maybe the ending can be forgiven in the interest of making sure that not all stories have a perfect and happy ending but this was rubbed in the viewers face as we were left wondering about all the crap they never explain. The term Rick Roll comes to mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing is worse than The Sopranos when they cut to black in mid sen-

1|0
    0|0
    • I never watched that show, what were they saying when it was cut off?

• Show All
    • That's... wow.

Haha! How did they think they'd get away with that? Did people actually like that?

Reminds me of the film "Rules of Attraction", which also cuts to black mid-sentence. Lazy writers trying to appear mysterious, that's what I say, haha!

• I think it divided the fans.

Mysterious things to be frustrate me so I'd rather know what's happening over being kept in suspense so I agree with you.

• I heard Dexters ending was bad . But I lost interest in the beginning of the last season so I couldn't watch the last season. I might skip the whole season and watch the last episode when I am free.

from the shows I finished watched recently Friends and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air had bad endings.

0|0
    0|0
    • the whole last season of dexter was awful, it felt like they were going to develop certain characters then completely gave up so you didn't miss much tbh lol

• Dexter. I think they could have ended that a lot better than they did. I wasn't so much opposed to deb dying, but running off and living the simple life really didn't appeal to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just saw the last Seinfeld episode a few months ago after watching the reruns for years. It was really stupid, like I had wasted an hour.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate spoiler alerts >.<

Lol, warning!

Anyway, the shows that I've enjoyed watching never had bad finale's. The only disappointment there is, is the fact that it's all over...

For the longest time I thought Sopranos had a terrible ending, where everything just shunned black after a dramatic scene.

But after I grew older and decided to watch the series again, I realize that there was a hidden message at the end that a lot of people didn't understand.

Towards the end of the show you realize that Tony becomes more depressed, he's losing money, his gang related reputation was decreasing against other mafia families, and the cops were getting further in the reno operation.

So what the director really wanted you to realize is that his life was narrowing down to an end. Whether he's been shot to death, bankrupt, or arrested is for you to decide. Thus the black cut scene.

Sorry, I couldn't answer your question because I only watch brilliant shows that support good endings =p

0|0
    0|0
    • P.S. If you haven't finished watching Dexter, do not scroll down...you'll be very disappointed

• The Soprano's STILL kills me Uhhgg !

1|0
    0|0
  • Star Trek Voyager.

1|0
    0|0
  • Anime. they never end correctly, just abruptly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dexter has the worst ending ever!

1|0
    0|0
  • Seinfeld's was lame. The contrived premise to cram all the "memorable" characters back in was beyond lame.

0|1
    0|0
  • The Sopranos was the worst finale ever created!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Flashforward. I thought it was a good show, and it was supposed to have a second season. But then they postponed making it and because of that, the viewers had lost interest (me not being one of them)! They never made a second season. It's really the only show's ending I've ever been truly disappointed in I guess. I don't watch too many shows either, at least I never make it to the end.

Anyway, it ended with the main character jumping out of a skyscraper towards an open helicopter, with the entire building falling into pieces behind him. Did he ever make that jump?! That's something I'll never get to know. :(

Two other shows that didn't have the best endings were Gilmore Girls and Friends. I mean, I wasn't disappointed. I just thought that a different ending to both of them would have been a bit better. Especially Friends, since the ending kinda strayed a bit too far from the show's main feeling and idea. A bit too sappy for my taste.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dexter. I wanted him to die, I wanted Deb to kill him.

Breaking Bad. I just didn't like Walter at all by the last season.

Nip/Tuck was awful after the first few seasons.

The X Files. I hated everything after Reyes and Doggett joined the show.

Burn Notice. The whole "run away at the last minute, fake our deaths and live happily ever after" crap, so stupid and predictable.

1|0
    0|0
    • I think that's what's wrong with entertainment as a whole though. If something is incredibly successful they tend to beat a dead horse until they lose viewership. I've noticed when they do this the series decreases in quality dramatically. It does make more money than ending it at a high note. :/

• Yeah, what they usually fail to realize is that the very reason people liked it so much was because it was new, fresh and surprising. When it isn't that anymore, people turn on it. I'm not sure why they don't get that, but they clearly don't, as evidenced by the way the make shows and movies.

• The entire final season of Dexter. So much was wrong with it, I don't even know where to start.

1|0
    0|0
    • What was the biggest disappointment, you can start there?

• The Brain Surgeon was a boring bad guy. Dr Vogal was interesting at first, then they turned her into an idiot. Hannah who was dangerous and edgy in season 7 was reduced to a 1950's housewife all she seemed to do was make food and she was a wanted fugitive but was running around without any sort of disguise. Debra was wreck then she has a couple of talks with Vogal and she's fine. Once Hannah shows up all the focus went from Dexter and Deb to Dexter and Hannah.

• Hannah always bored me to tears, honestly. Too stereotypical from the get go, in my opinion. Now that I think about it, I never really liked any of the female characters much, haha!

ITK was and remains my favorite :-)

Recommended myTakes