3-weeks ex wants to give me back my stuff

we've been together 4 months, it looked like a 'serious' normal relationship. 3 weeks ago tho, because of me asking for more communication and due to a few disagreements, he suddenly tells me he's 'confused' and doesn't know if he wants to be with me any longer, nor if he actually loves me. also insinuates it might have been 'just sex' all the way long. me astonished, he asks for 'some time' to think things through, w the help of his therapist. I decide to end it ASAP, here and now. we go NC, and he's suddenly back on dating sites.

one week later, he also writes me an email to 'let me know' that yeah, his feelings were right, his therapist was right, it was 'co-dependancy', hence not 'real love'. I go WTF and NC, of course.

couple of days ago, he writes me again another email to wish me good luck for a somewhat important event I had to attend to, and that he knew/remembered about, and adds he deleted all his accounts from those dating sites, specifing that although he felt 'insecure' and girls 'threw themselves at him' online, giving away their phone numbers so easily (?), he decided to follow his therapist's advice, and he's now 'sitting at home alone'. he also actually typed this very sentence: 'you see I wanted to tell you I'm not a jerk, I wasn't lying to you'. in the end, he asks me if I want my stuff (literally, a pair of socks and a bottle of shampoo) back.

personally I think his only concern is keeping his conscience clean and feel good with himself. but why bragging about all those girls flying over to him? what's the fucking point?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• He's trying to make you feel jealous and in the hope that although he's been an down and out Jerk, you might still have something there for him, so tell him to stick the shampoo up his so called attractive A$$ and that he can use your socks for a warmer if he likes. Because this guy is so far from ready let alone worthy of you, he's done you a favour by being a jerk, at least now you have room for real men,x