Is this the end? What happened?

My boyfriend and I were together for almost 4 years and my guy and I had plans to marry, he had always said I was the one and we were ring shopping . He has a sweet innocent genuine but EXTREMELY influenceable personality. We have had a very loving fun and balanced relationship. I am a nurse and had told him the only way we could be together was if he got an education. Within our first year, he cheated while blacked out drunk but then he completely changed his life for me.. he started school, quit drinking, suit smoking etc and said he was so happy because of it.

About 3 months ago I set him up with another guy friend so he could have someone to hang with. BAD idea. this guy has a very confident and logical way of thinking but no emotions.. he thinks he knows our relationship and thinks it should be a certain way. This guy changed my bf.. he became a douche, more unreachable and was spending DAYS at a time at his house (they were only hanging out there nothing sketch) let me add, there literally was no other girl in this equation.. just him and his friend.

Anyways, my guy started failing school and I thought it was really weird that he spent days at a time there.. I tried to talk to him and he would understand but would go back to old ways.

I became so afraid of my loss that I became controlling, angry, and I started to text another guy to fill the void. He found out but we moved passed it. we were good for a few weeks and had made a compromise that he should only stay there no longer than 2 days. Eventually he stayed at his friends house for 5 days and nights and I yelled at him(first time ever). He gave me the silent treatment (which he never Did) and two days later he came over and aggressively broke up with me saying I took him for granted and that I lied.

I am SO CONFUSED! will he come back? How long will it take his anger to fade? Can I redeem this? should I redeem this? And will he ever notice his friend isn't helping the relationship? What went wrong and what should item? Was I being to controlling about only staying there for 2 days? please help!

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Hummmmmmmmmmmmm sounds lke a bromance which is EXTRA annoying and its always the guy with the weak personality following the guy with the stronger personality -- hummmmm this will drive you INSANE cause RIGHT he will spend HOURS with this guy and NOT U... do they drink or something what is the draw to the other guy? Could be also since your guy is so easily lead that he LOVES hanging out with the COOL GUY -- either way there is NOTHING you can do but deal with it - I PREFER my boyfriend to be a loner cause RIGHT They will hang with the guy and that guy will make him feel like a loser if your boyfriend RATHER be with u... so he would bully him to staying with the guy vs the girl friend.. Sorry this is an age old problem - the BROMANCE and it SUCKS for the girl... I have to deal with that for the past 3-4 years with my boyfriend and its extremely annoying.. But I have the same friends so I CAN go hang out there also but its lame to me - I rather be with my boyfriend ALONE>.. LOL - Good luck but NOTHING you can do about THIS... Hopefully he will come back to you but be easy with him let HIM figure that out! IF you are in his subconscious mind he will be BACK to u!

• Thanks for replying! They literally just sit in the basement and do nothing. No drinking or anything except the guy does give him adderall. Why do you think he broke up so brutally

• U never know the new male friend may have TOLD him to do it - I am guessing that guy has NO girlfriend? That's usually how it works he has the dominate personality NEEDS A friend - I had the guy I was seeing tell ME his FRIEND told him to tell ME if I did not do what he said (buy him 150.00 nikes) that he should stop seeing me - and LOL when he told me his FRIEND told HIM that I was liek are you KIDDING! ITs about control - but if they are taking adderall THAT is not good you might wnt to move on.