How do you personally cope with a break-up?

Everybody has their way of handling it, and please give honest answers.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• shut myself in, listen to some music, and moping. When I'm with people I try as hard as I can to pretend that nothing is wrong

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• Stage 1:

I literally wallow in my misery, stalk his SNS, cry a little river, listen to heartbreaking songs, eat a lot of pastries and sweets, cry another river, write heart-wrenching messages that I end up deleting and yeah...cry one more river until I am numb.

Stage 2:

I try to look for any chance for reconcilation, google a lot. Try to figure out how to get him back, then I give up because it's almost over a month and he didn't write me yet.

Stage 3:

Then I slowly start to get used to the pain. I work out a lot. I abandon the unhealthy stuff and start eating clean. I shop for new clothes. I upgrade my look, pedi, mani, new haircolour maybe.

Stage 4:

I finally accept the break up - fully - no going back. Now that I also look better and well put together, I start to notice the attention of other men. I am now in the mood to accept the advances and play along, enjoying the attention. I am still cautious but I finally look at the bright side of life and enjoy myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • i write down all his worst points & my worst memories of him and pin it to my wall and look at it when I miss him, then I watch movies and eat food

0|0
    0|0
  • Ignore the shit out of it and listen to crappy "I'm so much better off without you"-songs. Delete everything that reminds me of him. Pretend like it never happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • Crying, Talking to my Friend about it, wine, wine, vodka, Ice Cream, Music and lots of it! chocolate, Movies- Disney always gets me!

and again having a bit of a old cry about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Eat lots of chocolate and keep my time busy with friends as much as possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Delete everything we had, and go out and have fun with friends

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't. Haha just kidding. I focus on other things and try to not dwell in the past

0|0
    0|0
  • I break shit!

0|0
    0|0
    • I've dealt with every one of my breakups differently. But, I guess, if I had to find one constant; I journal. I write, and write, and write some more. I write every feeling I have out.

• I wrote depressing poems lol

0|0
    0|0
  • cry, go shopping.

0|0
    0|0

• Go out and do stuff time is the best cure!

0|1
    0|0
  • I'll feel bad about it for a day or so and then I move on.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• depends what I've broken cable ties somtimes work elecetricla tap ecan be good solder possibly but glues nomrally the best there's always recyle and buy a new one or make do and mend

oh with relationships well its strange how a broken heart can mend itself much like a borken bone heals up in time see time is the best healer just ride the storm make sure to love yourself you'll find the right person one day but don't go looking for it

0|0
    1|0
  • Hangout with my male friends,make jokes and fun out of my past relationship,talk about the new hot girls in town and how to and where to meet them and possibly hook up with them...

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never had this before. because I never had a girlfriend. I don't know when I'll have one. but I'm so shy I think that's why I couldn't get one until this day huh :)

0|0
    0|1
  • I make sure I have everything I want to say to them said, that way I don't have to regret not saying all that I felt at the time and don't have to second guess if I did all my best.

I can peacefully move on then if that is really what they want to do as well.

Personally I don't like break-ups, that is why I avoid getting close/intimate with people I know is not going to work out with on a long-term basis.

Oh and yes I listen to a lot of music and make sure I connect with my feelings during the tough periods.

Music like this for example

link

0|0
    0|0
  • music hobbies, video games : D

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes