Do you think 'sexualy frustrated' is a good enough reason to get a divorce?

Like you were trying to communicate that you need sex, and your spouse is just not providing. would getting a divorce because you are 'sexually frustrated' a good enough reason to divorce?
  • Yes it is
    Vote A
  • No its not
    Vote B
  • It depends (explain)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
interesting almost half say yes while the other half say no. looks like this is a very grey area and depends on peoples pov.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sex isn't the most important part of a relationship, but everyone wants to have a satisfying sex life. I've heard people say that when sex is good, it's not considered to be so important, but when it's bad, suddenly sex is super important. I think that's totally true. It's nice to think that other things are more important than sex, but if a couple's sex life is really bad, then that's going to breed dissatisfaction and conflict throughout the relationship.

If someone is completely frustrated and dissatisfied, to the extent that it interferes with the relationship as a whole and with overall emotions and interactions with the other person, then I think a divorce is justified. If you have tried hard to communicate and compromise, and have given things a chance to get better, with no improvement or cooperation from your partner, then you shouldn't be stuck in a situation that isn't making you happy. If a couple isn't able and willing to work together to compromise and meet the needs of both people, then that's a problem with the relationship as a whole.

3|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• It depends on the whole situation. The reasons as to why she doesn't want to. You're married so if you 'just don't feel like it' then I ain't buying it. There is always a reason and it should be talked about and resolved. If can't even communicate then what's the point?

I'm sorry but men have needs and they shouldn't be treated like dogs. Men get a lot of stick for 'wanting it all the time' it's called being human. I hate when people use sex as a weapon, it demeans the whole thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do not divorce her. It's normal for couples to go through phases like that. I think that you should see if she would be willing to go to therapy. Maybe you guys could compromise on the amount of intercourse you have. She might have other issues going on that may prevent her from being in the mood. Maybe you could talk to her about it. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it depends. If she won't give you sex ever then yes but if sometimes she just doesn't feel like it then no. Its selfish on her part of she won't give it to you ever

0|0
    0|0
  • There must be some way to resolve matters before one proceed to the final stage-divorce. I feel that intimacy is important in a health relationship, but then shouldn't this be already communicated before they settle down?

1|0
    0|0
  • If you have children absolutely not, if you don't have children sure.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds like communication might be missing in other areas

1|0
    0|0
  • If you are lacking something and aren't happy then yes it is perfect fully fine.

0|0
    1|0
  • no I dont

1|0
    2|1
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • in general no, its something you need to talk out and go to therapy over UNLESS she's passed through menopause in which case it isn't her fault at all for not wanting sex - did you want sex as a 5 year old? no she's lost interest because her system reverts to what we feel like before puberty

if she's happy to let you have a sex buddy stay in the marriage if not then choose whether you value the happiness and mental connection you share from being with her or sex more

0|0
    1|0
  • IMO You can have sex without a relationship but you can't have a relationship without sex.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I do not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. That can easily be fixed through counseling or listening to your partner. That's not a reason for divorce

2|0
    0|0
  • Probably not

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. There is a reason why the loving in the bedroom is lacking. Lack of communication, stress, respect and mistrust are a few examples.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. it's a good reason. sex is so important. and fun. I would leave if they refused to comply. not if they physically couldn't.

1|1
    1|0
  • Depends on how the rest of the relationship is going.

0|0
    1|1

What Guys Said 10

• I would look into the reason behind not getting enough sex. There are ways to increase how much your partner desires you, try some of those. If you fulfill her needs emotionally she'll be more likely to want to have sex with you. That's what I hear at least. There are a lot of articles online you can find about why women want to have sex and you could use the information.

4|0
    0|0
  • I don't personally but then again I may be the wrong person to ask because I barely have a sex drive to speak of. I guess I don't really get sexually frustrated. I have a long list of things that I consider to be actually important in a relationship and that's close to the bottom.

5|1
    0|1
  • I actually think it is. This is someone who you have promised to have only sex with that person for the rest of your life. If they are not willing to provide that, then that is a problem. It is a very basic human desire and you need to find a way to fix it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Even the Bible says that you're not to deny your spouse sex.

0|1
    1|0
    • Isn't divorce kind of unacceptable too though?

• Actually, in the Christian community, if you look at someone with lust, it's adultery and excuse for divorce. So according to quite a few Christians--all he needs to do is rent GI Joe, wait until she eyes the shirtless muscle men, then divorce her for adultery. According to sermons I hear--do that, and it's justified.

• if there is a really good reason for it not to happen, like she is sick, or has some kind of reason that she cannot have it, like an infection down there. but if the reason is not good enough and it seems that no sex is being had over a long period of time then I would be possibly suspicious, and it would get me angry.

but seriously man I am almost 27 and never been on a date and never had sex and I'm not trying to wait for marriage or anything, so if you think that you are sexually frustrated...think again

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really but I think for women it is or so they think.

0|0
    4|0
  • Personally, no...

2|0
    1|1
  • Not really. A relationship is a lot more than sex. Sex shouldn't make or break it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes your not meeting your sexual needs, and if you are in a marriage you shouldn't be forced to cheat.

0|0
    3|0
    • Nobody is ever forced to cheat. That's the cowardly option in any situation.

• He is given the option to either end his marriage if he wants sex or never have sex again if he stays with her

• Yes, it is absolutely a valid reason. When a man realizes he has committed the rest of his life to an exclusive relationship with a woman who will never meet his sexual needs, he has every right and reason to pursue divorce so he can find a woman who will take care of him.

A woman who does not understand the importance of sex to a man is likely going to have problems in other areas as well. You should do all you can to fix what you have but if it's irretrievably broken, you owe it to yourself to leave her and find a better woman.

0|0
    4|0

Recommended myTakes