What is he trying to play me for?

Long story. I met this guy at an Ivy League school near my college. He gave me his phone number and called me every night at 8 but he always told me not to get a crush on him. I was always a mess and he didn't notice but it became obvious something had to be up because he didn't answer all of my phone calls but when he answered he always sounded naive. He gets girlfriends and they seem to break up a lot. He blocked my number and we spoke freely in fb and text. He said he doesn't mind being my acquaintance. So I was like forget him. But then he sent me a text and we became friends again on fb again. He put up with a lot for me. I swag like a psycho aha. Anyway he told me he has a girlfriend and that we need to cut contact because she is jealous. But his fb info says he is single. So why do you think he put up with me for years? Before all this stuff we were very close. I've been invited to his parties but I never went. We both also kept breaking plans to hang out.
But what was the point of all these games we play. And I'm 23 and he is 30. We aren't kids lol
Is he trying to play me? If so what do you think his motives are?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• HONEY HE IS A PLAYER! I too have been played before. Usually older men are much better at it then younger. I know its hard because we want answers as to "why?" but you are never going to get any. There is no explanation other then he is a DOG, PATHOLOGICAL LYING SOCIOPATH. You need to be thankful that he didn't get you caught up with a kid or you didn't give him your goods. He is a master manipulator, so he knows exactly how to pull you back in. It is hard because they have our emotions, but BE STRONG and RESIST! When he tries to contact you whether using social networks, phone etc IGNORE him. He doesn't really want you. He doesn't really want any of the women he plays with. He doesn't care about you guys. He is selfish and it is about the game. You can't figure him out because even he can't figure himself out because he is sick. He is 30 and perhaps when he is in his 40's he may grow out of it. However, mine was 43 extremely intelligent and not bad off financially. Sometimes they don't grow out of it.

You deserve someone who loves you. You deserve someone who wants just you and will give you all of himself. You want to be happy stay away from him even if it requires extra effort. If you don't you will be sad and caught in his circle all of the time. You will be miserable while he is stress free and on to the next game.