My boyfriend who is 8 years younger sexted another woman. Thoughts?

I am 32 and my boyfriend is 24. We have dated for over a year now. It's been a very fun, happy relationship. Recently, I saw he sent a fb message to another girl and it was flirty/dirty. My boyfriend introduced me to this girl before (multiple times) and we have hung out with her at parties. When I confronted him, he told me that he was embarrassed and did it because he was stupid and wanted the attention of another woman. He begged me not to leave him and that he is a better person than this and to give him another chance. I have no gut feeling that he cheated on me (I usually do with the guys I have previously dated and they have cheated)

Now I am in conflict...to stay or go? A part of me thinks that he is young (inexperienced) and may correct this behavior if I stay. The other part of me thinks that this is a red flag. If I stay, any other signs of lying or cheating and I am out.

Thoughts?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Ah yes, the archetype I haven't yet written about :) Moral Compass Girl.

Well, since you are asking whether or not this should be a terminable offense for you, I'll see if I can come up with something. It really depends on how you feel about him and the age difference and how your past history of cheating guys effects your feelings about it and what kind of values you have, but I suppose you already considered those things or you wouldn't be asking.

So I'm going to default on the opinion of a 4,000+ year old document and just go with, "forgive him."

Is there any particular advice or insight you are looking for?