My boyfriend who is 8 years younger sexted another woman. Thoughts?

I am 32 and my boyfriend is 24. We have dated for over a year now. It's been a very fun, happy relationship. Recently, I saw he sent a fb message to another girl and it was flirty/dirty. My boyfriend introduced me to this girl before (multiple times) and we have hung out with her at parties. When I confronted him, he told me that he was embarrassed and did it because he was stupid and wanted the attention of another woman. He begged me not to leave him and that he is a better person than this and to give him another chance. I have no gut feeling that he cheated on me (I usually do with the guys I have previously dated and they have cheated)

Now I am in conflict...to stay or go? A part of me thinks that he is young (inexperienced) and may correct this behavior if I stay. The other part of me thinks that this is a red flag. If I stay, any other signs of lying or cheating and I am out.

Thoughts?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Ah yes, the archetype I haven't yet written about :) Moral Compass Girl.

Well, since you are asking whether or not this should be a terminable offense for you, I'll see if I can come up with something. It really depends on how you feel about him and the age difference and how your past history of cheating guys effects your feelings about it and what kind of values you have, but I suppose you already considered those things or you wouldn't be asking.

So I'm going to default on the opinion of a 4,000+ year old document and just go with, "forgive him."

Is there any particular advice or insight you are looking for?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• It is a red flag but I think you should stay with him. Its possible that he did it just for the attention, keep your eye on him and see what he does.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hmm. What would I be looking out for? Shady behavior? I don't want to look through his phone or email. I don't want to be paranoid

• worry if he puts a password on his phone or gives you vague reasons for going out and being gone a long time. Or if he smells like women's perfume!

• inspiring age difference

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• The thing is, he didn’t tell you about it - YOU found out! That alone, is reason enough to leave. He cannot be trusted. Also, it has NOTHING to do with age.

0|0
    0|0
  • stay with him another month or two mth to see how you'd still feel for him. If not, just leave...

0|0
    0|0
    • Someone people don't know what they've got until they lose it or try to fight for it. If you do leave, you'll impart a great valuable lesson in him and it' ll haunt him in a good way.

• He's an azz.. trust your gut..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes