What to consider when moving out?

how much can I expect to pay each month when moving out into an apartment?

Everything to consider.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on your living arrangements. How many bedrooms? Will you have roommates? Are you gonna pay extra for cable and internet?

I live in a SMALL 2-bedroom apartment with a roommate. My portion of the rent comes to $312, and my portion of the bills (including cable and internet) is anywhere between $70-$90 every month. When I moved in, I didn't have to pay a deposit because my roommate was already living here and her past roommates paid the deposit (it would've been $300). Groceries are maybe $20 a week, but I'm really cheap and the most expensive thing I ever buy is lunch meat haha.

We became really good hoarders and got most of our furniture, appliances, and silverware for free (people we know were giving stuff away.. we were very lucky). Still, we paid $300 for our TV and our Xbox, and I paid my roommate's father $60 in gas money to drive his truck to my house and deliver my furniture.

If you're thinking of moving out, my advice is to have at least a couple thousand dollars saved up first. And definitely get a roommate unless you can seriously afford to live without one.