Should a guy wait to find a better girlfriend before leaving current girlfriend?

I ask for my male friend. He compared it to job searching. You don't write your current job until you have a better job lined up. Same for girlfriend?
Updates:

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A guy should be happy with the girlfriend he's got. If he feels unhappy and you guys can't compromise then he should break up. The thing with dating is that there will always be someone better out there, more athletic, more intelligent, better looking. Though overall you pick and choose someone because you want to get to know them and form a relationship with them and love them. If you don't love them you shouldn't waste their time.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• To compare someone that is breathing, and has feelings to a job you could careless about is insulting.

I disagree with this and feel like if you are uninterested in someone then they should know off hand.

You are playing with their emotions, it is wrong.

1|0
    0|0
  • no that's using someone and wasting their time, how would you like it if you boyfriend strung you along for a few months till he found someone new?

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm guessing its hard to find a girlfriend so having one is better than none at all?

• no its not better if your partner doesn't want you anymore and is actively looking for someone else

• That is a horrible way to do it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I would wonder about someone who compares his realtionships to his job...not something I would ever think about doing!

That's rather rude, imao.

But there are many people, of both sexes, who are this way. They wait until they are already sleeping with someone new before they say goodbye to the current sig. other.

That's a little contemptuous and manipulative, in my boopk. Not to mention, a provocation since they are nearly always cheating on their [partner, and not everyone just laughs that off.

Their current partner is going to be hurt, or angry, or both, and for good reason. If someone values their reputation, this isn't a good practice.

1|0
    1|0
  • i think that's a trashy thing to do but it seems like quite a bit of girls and guys do it

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes