Would this be weird to send to my Ex - GF?

Yes I asked the question already but I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible before I make a decision!

My girlfriend after almost 5 years broke up with me in 2012. So we've been broken up for a little over a year. Sometimes yes I think of what it'd would be like to get back together with her and sometimes no I don't. When we we're together I thought we we're good together, but looking back on some old emails(I was deleting them not crying over them lol) I actually realized how much of a d!ck I really was. So would an apology be alright to send her? (She has been with another guy pretty much right after we broke up) and not to try and get her back or anything but to genuinely apologize for it?

Hey (her name), this is probably going to sound weird and out of the blue but I was deleting all my emails and I came across a bunch where we we're texting back and forth. Of course I read them to see what they were but I just want to say I'm sorry. I was such a dick. I'm not saying this for you to like think of me or anything like or that there's any different motive, it's that I'm saying it to genuinely apologize. I guess I just didn't see it like that before but either way what's done is done but I did want to apologize for everything. I'm sorry for the times I really I hurt you, it was never my intention. I Hope everything is going well for you and with your school.

-Mike.

Oh and the last time we talked was June 2013, she Facebooked messaged me to talk about why she left(she never said anything when she did I assumed it was for the the guy she immediately was with) but I told her back then that it didn't really matter now and that I appreciated the thought.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• NOPE DONT DO IT! it will only make things worse. Trust me been there done that and once you send that you will regret it because she probably won't respond and you will just be hanging and thinking about it every second of every minute hoping she writes back! In your heart you know that you miss her and are thinking about her and that's why you want to send her that message because you think if you do she will contact you back and everything will be just fine trust me it wont. If she is meant to be with you she will come back on her one. Don't force something that is not there.!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't have high hopes if I were you

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if your putting so much thought into this then I think you already know the answer yourself.. To be honest it doesn't matter one way or the other. But obviously your feeling bad about it and want to make yourself feel better by apologising so I think you should.. She may appreciate the gesture or she may not. Only one way of finding out..

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks, I've been contemplating if it were a good idea or not but hey, it's an apology, everyone likes to hear that I think.

What Guys Said 2

• Generally I say let shit die, if she did. If she got with that guy immediately was she cheating or wtf? If not yeah just send it, but then you risk the awkward 'lets be friends' with all the tension and talking about her current boyfriend. I hope you don't ask a third question about this though, It's really aggravating when people genuinely ask an opinion, people put effort into answering it properly, then it seems as if it's blatantly ignored.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not sure if she was cheating, never actually caught her doing anything but yes she was with the guy immediately after our break-up so I kind of always thought she could have been or even close to and that's why she broke it off. I was mad for a long time but I have come to realize my wrongness in it even if she was wrong too. And no I won't ask another time. Thanks for the feedback!

• Show All
    • Damn that's pretty odd..

• It sure was man, but I'm to a point where I'm almost over it. I don't think ill ever forget about her, she was the first love so it'll always be there, but I'm way past the point of being OK now and that's why I'm thinking of sending an apology

• Send it as long as you mean it ... apoligies are always a nice jesture !

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes