I cry a lot from my boyfriend, am I too emotional?

A lot of things make me cry having to do with my guy. He is 26 and I'm 18. We're in a long distance relationship until I graduate from college. We go back and forth visiting eachother. If we get in a fight and we don't talk before going to bed I cry myself to sleep. I get mad at him a lot too which makes us end up fighting and me crying. If he doesn't txt back for hours when he's just at home I get mad or if I'm at his place and he doesn't pay attention to me and on his computer or watching TV I get mad too. We have a lot of little fights. I cry so much from it all. I know it's not his fault most of the time but I can't help my feelings... Like I can't control them. I think I'm over emotional. I know he loves me and I love him so much. Sometimes I go as far as breaking up with him when I really don't want to, it's like my anger and feelings take over. But he never let's me break up with him Because he says he doesn't want to let me go and all this sweet stuff which makes me feel bad and cry. I say and do things I regret and hurt him. I want to try to be better but it's so hard and I can't. I'm scared someday he'll get tired of it but he refuses to break up or leave me ever. He's so sweet to me and I feel like I'm a crazy over emotional girlfriend. What can I do? I can't help my feelings... Wish I could be better.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you sound emotional and very dependent for me (and most guys) those aer two very undesirable qualities. My best advice to you would be that when you get angry or sad or whatever else, calm down take a few minutes and think before you act. You said you have already broken up with him several times over trivial things, one day he is likely one day just going to get tired of it and call it off all together. A lot of times these sorts of problems stem from insecurities so try and figure out what it is that you are insecure about and try and fix those things, you need to learn to be independent. A good compromise you can make though is to just tell him what things upset you and make a plan like he has to text you at least three days a week etc that way at least he knows what you want and y'all can avoid all this drama

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• You're young. This will fade. Relax.

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound very normal for a teenage girl. Don't worry about it, you're fine.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• its okey, when things get tough I cry too

obstacles happen, and if you really care you'll get emotional. someone once told me love is associated with some kind of hurt, you feel for them.

the important part is that you get through them and become better for each other. the effort and selflessness is what keeps a relationship going

there's nothing wrong with feeling how you do. but its going to keep bothering you if things don't see change. I don't doubt he's sorry, I bet he care a lot. but it takes more than that to be in a healthy relationship

there's no reason to get mad and turn things into an unnecessary argument

when you feel neglected give him his space. he'll notice, he'll reach out to u

don't turn it into a "u don't do this for me, you don't do anything for me" thing, but let him know its been hurting you since you miss him and wish he was there. let him know how much he means to u, what you'd be willing to do for him, and that you wouldn't hurt if you didn't care. be truthful without guilt tripping

little things shouldn't escalate into big problems. in difficult times think to yourself, is it worth making him feel this way? put your partner before yourself

and breakups are serious. definitely never breakup with someone if you don't want to breakup

0|0
    0|0
  • The thing about long distance relationships is you have to let them breathe. You have to accept that he has a life too and there are going to be nights when he's too busy to call or days when he's too busy to text. You just have to accept that.

I'm in a LDR at the moment (I'm away at school for weeks at a time and only visit once a month) and it was really hard for us to get used to, but you just have to in order to have a successful relationship.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes