What type of moves can I do to help work out my calves?

So I don't go to the gym and need to tone up my calves. I have a Swiss ball (rubber) that I use for doing core work. Anything for my calves on the rubber ball? thx

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah calf raises are how I worked mine out when I used to work out. You need to add weight to your frame to get the most out of your exercise. You can go to walmart and buy the appropriate weights as you progress in strength through your workouts. Just holding the weight with both hands close to you in front of you or even putting the weights in a simple and reliable backpack will work.

Calf raises are simple, I'll describe it like a girl, you stand feet flat, heels down over an edge (Like the base of some stairs) and you flex your calves where your heels go up (Sort of like wearing high heels that aren't there I guess) then you slowly bring them back down (This is also important, you work the full range of motion for the sets of muscles that control that movement that way.), then naturally you repeat.

I hope that helps.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I personally do not know of any exercises on a ball that could tone legs. What I do know that could help is while lying down with stomach against the floor, raise your leg up until you feel a slight burn. Repeat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you have stairs or at least a step somewhere?

Do calf raises. After a while you can do one leg at a time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Calf raises are really it. The machines at the gym basically just simulate the same idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Incline jogging. Jump rope.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• just do calf raises,they're the easiest thing ever,you can do them anywhere.

1|0
    0|0
    • yes, now this I can do anywhere. thx

• Not sure about the ball. The gym I go to has a calf press. And yeah, incline jogging or eliptical (I stand on my tippy toes when on the eliptical at level 12 - 15 crossramp). Also, you can just stand on a step with the balls of your feet on the edge and move up and down. I've been doing all of these things since around April and I actually have formed calf muscles for the first time in my life. Don't forget to stretch!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes