Cheating boyfriend, questionable friendships?

In 3 weeks the following has happened...

My boyfriend cheated on me with a girl (Just for the story I will call her Ashley*) he met at the bar, while he was out with mutual friends who he lives with (I live in another town since graduating).

He apparently didn't know at the time, but this girl, Ashley* is moving into their house because one of their roommates moved home. I was told she was moving in jan one when the new month starts.

This week I was talking to my other friend (who lives in the house with my bf) and I said how its upsetting that he cheated but it also upsetting that this girl is now moving in. My friends response, I felt was very rude. She just coldly said "Well I'm on your side, you know that. But we need a roommate and she is moving in." She then said how we have been friends longer and I shouldn't feel awkward when Ashley* moves in. (Which I think is a total lie, since Ashley* will be on the lease of the house and I'm just a guest who comes to visit).

Last night I was up visiting their house, trying to resolve/talk to my boyfriend, drinking with our other friends. At MIDNIGHT they decide to tell me that Ashley* is moving in Before Jan 1, she was actually moving in Today. They basically said they didn't want to tell me cause they didn't want to upset me/didn't want me to leave early (Which I think is the rudest thing they could have done, since I was drunk and basically had to sit there and not be able to leave)

What would any of you do in my position? I have tried to figure out what to do, but I just don't want to think about any of it.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Your friends are not your friends. And your boyfriend is a cheater.

I wouldn't have anything to do with any of them.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for the comment. I am debating taking a break from them for a while.

When I was told last night I basically just sat there in silence, they were trying to hug/comfort me but I didn't want to have any of that.

I just feel like I was betrayed by all of them. My friends keep saying how it is my bf's fault and how they hate him for cheating on me, but I don't think they understand that it feels like they are hurting me also by letting her still move in. Does that make sense?

• It does.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Someone who cheats is the lowest of the low and is capable of anything. You'd do yourself a great favor by cutting all ties with your boyfriend. As far as the other friends go, I'd probably just move on from them too. You have apparently matured and grown up while they have not. You mentioned that you graduated, an awesome achievement, concentrate on your career and bettering yourself. Free yourself from the dead weight of these people, and make your life the best it can be.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• My simplest advice would be to dump your cheating boyfriend and find better friends. None of them seem to truly care about you. It doesn't matter if they "need" a roommate, I seriously doubt it has to be this girl your boyfriend cheated with. And what makes you think he won't cheat again, especially since this girl will now be living in the same house with him. Come on, use your head. If you forgive this guy, you're just asking for more heart break later on down the road.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes