How do I get over my ex-boyfriend?

Ok, based on my past posts I just recenlty broke up with someone. It's been a couple months and I've seen him every day since. We go to school together. He's always telling our friends that he has a girlfriend... and she was good enough for him.. or she's to stupid. I always try to be strong and say "thats because she can't replace me" and then I giggle. But the truth is, its killing me on the inside. The thought of him with another girl drives me INSANE! But I want to move on, there's nothing in our relationship for us to go back to. So how do I get over him and find a new boy friend... maybe that last part. I don't know if I want another relationship.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww hun, I know how hard it is. If it makes you feel any better, I struggled to get over my ex as well, to the point that I wrote him a 21 page letter asking him if we could get back together. It didn't work.

The best way of getting over him, is to have a good cry about it, let it out.

Then think realisticly...if he's not with you, then he obviously doesn't like you, and doesn't want to be with you. He's probably an idiot, and he sounds really immature. So why waste your time thinking about him? And why waste your feelings on him?

Honestly, forget about him. Any attention you're giving him is boosting his ego, making him look and feel wanted. Don't give him the time of day.

Talk to your friends about it, they need to think about how they react when he comes to tell them that he has a girlfriend. If they look at him blankly, and say "...so? your point being? why are you telling me that?"...then he'll feel dumb AND immature for telling them that fact.

Don't rebound to another relationship either. It will be obvious to everyone else that it's a rebound, and will make it very clear that you're obviously not over him. And to be honest, is a little disrespectful to yourself. Hold your head high, and see yourself as the valuable person that you are. Save yourself for a special guy that you really like, who truly cares about you, rather than just any guy to fill the new empty space in your life.

Enjoy the company of your friends, find some interests in life, and make some guy friends...they can be incredibly fun, without having to be in a relationship with them.

And believe me, you'll be over him in no time. :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE