Ex says he just wants to hang out but not be together and doesn't know about our future together (GUYS)?

So me and ny ex have been broken up for about 2 months and we finally were able to come together just last night and talk about everything us being together everything that happened with the breakup etc

What he told me when I asked him about us he told me that he didn't think that it was healthy for us to be together that he has so much going on that he doesn't have the necessary time to give or put into a relationship that he knows how it's supposed to be and that he knows I was putting in my time but that he wasn't and he didn't want to hold me up by getting into a relationship when he at this moment in his life he doesn't have the time which I believe him because he has school and work and whatever else

I agreed that maybe it's not time for us to be Together because I too have so much to take care of and were only 22 so this is the time for us to get everything taken care of I understand that

He said he wanted to just be able to talk to me on a friend level but didn't know if I could handle it and if I couldn't then we should just stop talking til I get over us he said that also he wanted to still have sex with me but that he didn't want that to be it or all that we do with each other...like he wants us but no title. I asked him if it was so he could see other people he said no he just needs time and space to take care of school and work that he was still mine but the whole title thing wouldn't be right because he can't give me everything a relationship requires.

I asked him about our future together and he said he didn't know that he didn't want to promise anything to me because it would be awhike before he would be ready for something and when he is ready that at the moment he doesn't know if hell want me back which bothers me in a way for him to not know if he would want to try things again he said that I'd heever find ssomeone else he would let me know that he sometimes misses me and sometimes not.

We came to the conclusion that we still love each other and dint necessarily want to completely move on but a title wouldn't work. He says he still wants to cuddle and talk on the phone and have sex but no title. He still calls me baby still send me kisses in text still hugs me before we leave each other so in a way it still seems were together...but we're not. I don't think it's for him to sleep with other peopleor whatever because he told me he didn't even have time for a relationship with me much less someone else...I believe him

What do you guys think it's going on here just from what I've told y'all?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he's telling the truth, but I don't think it's a good idea for you to keep acting like you're in a relationship when you really aren't. It's actually quite normal to be in a relationship but not have much time for each other for a while. Though in the beginning stages (say, the first month or two) it's somewhat necessary to be able to spend a lot of time together and be extra affectionate, after that it becomes more about how you spend the time you do have together then about how much of that time you spend together.

Either way, the fact is that if he wants to just be friends, then you should act like friends, not boyfriend and girlfriend. If you don't draw a line like that, then the entire concept of a relationship loses its meaning. That doesn't mean you can't be intimate with someone and not be in a relationship, but that requires you to have a more casual bond, which you can't really have right after a break-up.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Ok I get what your saying but when I see him he doesn't act casual at all HE is the one that calls me baby hugs me tight toy know all of those things you do in a relationship it's not me coming towards him in such a way its him which is why this is giving me confusion I don't know how to act with him considering the situation but I don't want him out of my life

• I think you've learned the most important lesson about relationships there is to learn. It's about more than two people having feelings for each other; it's about what these people do with those feelings. This is what makes relationships so difficult at times, because often it's hard to figure out what you want, let alone what the other person wants, and the only way to really figure these things out is through trial and error.
      I must say I'm very impressed with how you've dealt with this situation. You've dealt with a lot of difficult situations and in the process learned a lot, something a lot of people fail to accomplish. :)

• Yeah I just hate I had to figure this out the hard wayy but thats how we learn... thank you like I say youve helped me through quite a bit with him I think right now im just going to wait til the end of this week or next week to sit him down and tell him how I feel just to you know give me some more time to think things out and firgure out my feelings and my thoughts.. do a bit of organizing I guess you could say with myself