It's Been A Year Since My Ex Dumped, But I Still Miss Her.

What can I do?

It's not like I can't get other girls. In fact, there have been several over the past year who have asked me out.

However, I am not into any of them.

I know my ex wants nothing to do with me, and I can't bring myself to ever contact her again.

Any suggestions of how to get over this?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• How do you know she doesn't want anything to do with you? I dumped my ex but I thought about him day and night for the next year.

He begged me to stay friends, but then started ignoring me.

Maybe she does still think about you, but her pride isn't letting her contact you? :)

• Honestly, I do not know what she is thinking. I do know that there were a couple of events in the last few months that she avoided attending...presumably because I was there and with women who are my friends, but who my ex may assume I am dating. That tells me she wants nothing to do with me if she can't be in the same room as me.

Thanks for your comment.

• Nah not necessarily, I probably would have avoided as well, just for the awkwardness of it all and if we were to have a little intimate chat about our feelings, I would rather do that on our own than around a load of people.

• Thanks, but if she wanted to reach out to me, she would have done so. I did not because she was the one who dumped me and she told me to back off. She was a bit friendly to me at first a few months after NC, post break up. But then she became cold to me when she heard I was socializing with women (I was not dating seriously). I was shocked and hurt, but maybe I should have expected it.