If your husband cheated w/your best friend, who is to blame?

If your husband cheated with your best friend, who is more to blame?

Likewise, if your wife cheats on you with your best friend, who is more to blame?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The cheater. If it wasn't your friend, it probably be someone else.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• They are both to blame.

Any friend that would do that is not really a friend but an opportunist who is just scoping out your partner and waiting until your back is turned. They are done.

I would be more inclined to forgive a partner. After all, they might be getting bored and desiring some more excitement. Although, doing something like that with your best friend is obvious grounds for dismissal.

So, ditch the friend, forgive the partner and leave the partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of your significant other cheats on you with your best friend, it depends. It depends on whether or not they are aware of it. If one is trying to seduce the other, then the seducter is more guilty, although both are still guilty.

But it's not really a question of who is more guilty.

0|0
    0|0
  • both obviously, I think it's kinda insane to put a ratio on it. Yes, technically the best friend didn't cheat on a SO but she broke your trust just like the trust that was broken between the husband and spouse.

1|0
    0|0
  • The cheater - if you can't respect a person enough to just end a relationship instead of cheating you don't deserve to be in a relationship in the first place. That's all there is to it - don't cheat.

1|1
    0|0
  • Both. Letting such a situation occur implies they either are too dumb to know the consequences of their actions or just don't care at all about anything

0|0
    0|0
  • I use the 60/40 rule if the homewrecker new the cheater was in a relationship AND was friends with him/her.

It's 60% the cheater's fault because they went out and actively tried to have sex with some else. It's 40% the friend's fault because they knew that their BFF was in a relationship with the cheater and they betrayed their BFF.

Therefore, when shit get's real and my fisticuffs come out, 40% of the ass kicking will be directed towards my friend and 60% towards my wife. Although, to be fair I'll yell: "RUN BITCH!" before and give her a 10 second head start since I'm kind of fast. Nothing like solving relationship issues with good ol' physical assault and domestic violence. (DO NOT TAKE THIS LAST PARAGRAPH SERIOUSLY!)

1|1
    0|0
  • The cheater is always the one to blame.

I'd also kick my friends ass for treason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both of em.

1|0
    0|0
  • 55 percent the cheater and 45 percent the friend

0|0
    0|0
  • Both

1|0
    0|0
  • Whomever came on to whom.

1|0
    0|1
  • The cheater is always more to blame.

0|0
    0|0
  • The ones who knew but still did it are to blame!

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm, both of them? Both of them are aware of the marriage, yet they went along with it anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both, different reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yepp, both

0|0
    0|0
  • It's always the man's fault. Face it...

1|0
    3|2

What Girls Said 26

• Both. It would be 50/50 in my opinion. My husband broke his vows to me and the person who was supposed to be my best friend stabbed me in the back. They would both be equally to blame. If this happrned to me, my husband would be looking for a new wife and the other person would be looking for a new best friend.

2|1
    0|1
  • Both, but I think I'd be a lot more mad at my husband. He's the one who promised to never cheat, to stay faithful until death do us part. My friend probably made no such promise, at least not on the same level of seriousness. As RealDeal said, if it wasn't my friend, it would be someone else instead. A cheater doesn't care who he/she cheats with.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would say your husband or wife was more to blame .. that would be a crappy thing for a friend to do but friends come and go to .. it would be more your spouses fauly for letting it happen

0|0
    0|0
  • They are both to blame, but the husband would be more to blame than the best friend. They both broke my trust, but the husband broke vows.

0|0
    0|1
  • Both of them, and possibly myself as well.

They both broke my trust and betrayed me. Maybe it was part my fault as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • In this particular situation BOTH of them.

If the scenario were slightly different and I did not know the person my husband was cheating on me with.

Then I would be only angry with him because he is supposed to have loyalty towards me.

How can I expect anyloyalty, honesty, and trust from a complete stranger?

But in this situation since it's my best friend, I would expect that from them both.

More so, my best friend because she knew me before this man came along.

Our bond is supposed to be as tight as blood.

I would disown them both.

1|0
    0|1
  • Your husband. He's the only one who made vows.

(my dad did this...)

0|0
    0|0
  • Both equally. And they both deserve to get ejected from my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • um... me? for having such a husband and such a friend...? :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Both. No one is the victim except the one who got cheated on

0|0
    0|0
  • OMG this is the ultimate nightmare! Both

2|1
    0|1
  • You don't blame them?! You kill them! Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • They are both to blame.

1|0
    0|1
  • It's a no brainer they are both to blame.

1|0
    0|1
  • BOTH

0|0
    0|0
  • both.

0|0
    0|1
  • both

0|0
    0|0
  • Both duh lol

0|0
    0|0
  • The cheater holds the majority of the blame always. If they cheat on you with someone you aren't friends with, then I don't really think that participant is to blame. Homewreckers are evil, but she owes you nothing as she is not loyal to you.

If it's your friend that was involved, they are to blame as well. Friends owe each other loyalty. That would be shady, and we would no longer be friends, I'd let them have each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Horrible situation. Both.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes