How many times do you take back someone after they break up with you?

How many times do you take someone back if they break up with you more than one time? Do you take them back the 2nd time, 3rd time, 4th time? How many times do you allow that and go back with that person?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• None. What was wrong is still there.

1|4
    0|0
    • So if a woman breaks up with you one time and says she made a mistake and wants you back you won't take her back?

• Show All
    • exactly. Good answer

• I mean if you love this girl and u want to make it work then be straight up with her and tell her you not about to keep breaking up with me and think I will always take you back and tell her she has to stop that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 34

• I have never been broken up with, so my honest answer is "I don't know".

I would like to say never, but I don't know if that would hold accurate. It would really depend on the reason. Did I do something to hurt that person? Did that person break up with me to hook up with someone else? Etc.

1|1
    0|0
  • If the relationship wasn't longer than a couple years, you don't. You have a bit of pride about yourself and tell them to "get lost".

0|1
    0|0
    • Pride is not always a good thing but sure if you were disrespected in the relationship leaving is a good choice.

• Show All
    • Lol, probably! She's so cute!

• Kissing her cheeks and her neck are now my new fav hobbies :)

• Dependung on the nature of relationship and how we left it, maybe once. that's it.. That's my line in proverbial sand 😤😠

0|1
    0|0
    • Thus why I never dumped your happy ass

• Show All
    • But I agree with Dionysus.. My policy is never.
      On a VERY occasion, if I was the one who broke it off and the reason was not a deal breaker or cheating, lying, I MIGHT reconsider and give him a short window to redeem himself. Life is not always black and white.

• I'm pretty much the same but way more stupid

• zero. debatably one...debatably...it has to sort of not be a real break up. like just a big fight or something. because I strongly believe that if it didn't work out the first time...it won't the second...third...fourth...etc... and to move on is just best.

0|1
    0|0
  • I give them one second chance, usually the reason we broke up has to do with something really stupid.

0|1
    0|0
  • i've only been broking up with once nd i would never take them back only cause i have to much pride. but it depends on if u messed up or if he did

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd only give once chance. Sometimes time apart makes you realize how important a person is to you.

Past that, absolutely not.

When I was younger I had a long term boyfriend and I broke up with him 3-5 times. Each time he'd beg for me back, or I'd wake up the next morning panicking when I glorified the good things and ignored the bad. One time was after extended time apart but the problems were still there. I notice a lot of people tend to do this too when they want the relationship to work out despite it not after multiple attempts.

As an older/wiser person I'd only give both myself and my partner ONE breakup chance for the relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Once, they decide to break up with me again then they don't deserve my time

0|1
    0|0
  • Never. Never get back with an ex. Watched people always taking the same person back and it never works, they end up completely breaking it off and then they moan about wasting all that time.

0|1
    0|0
  • None if I break up with someone I just make him in friends Zone or Ignore him for the rest of life what's the point from taking someone back when he or she did decide to leave I have pride to not just him

0|0
    0|0
    • You're a tough cookie.

• Show All
    • I agree with all that yes. Thanks a lot for you answer and comments.

• My pride and dignity is too large to consider it, so never. Once if we're married with children but other than that hell no. They can go fuck themselves in whatever way they see fit. I will NOT suffer a whore.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ahh fuck themselves with the funky appendage attached to a forehead? :)
      Good answer and I wish I had the same discipline.

• Show All
    • Haha ok. But know that stupid isn't permanent.

• You got some smart pills for me?

• I only ever get back with an ex if I have legitimate reason to believe it'll be different than the first time. Which has been never, so far.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. I'd rather not make the wrong choice twice.

1|1
    0|0
  • I guess you just take them back when you feel like being with them again. I don't think there's a set number. It's about your feelings

0|0
    0|1
  • Never ever

0|1
    0|0
  • I did once. Now I would never take them back.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only one more time and that's it :)

0|1
    0|0
  • no i never go back with that person

1|0
    0|0
  • Never. Once broken up, I never look back.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on how the relationship ended.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 12

• I make some allowance for emotional outbursts. So, if we were having a heated argument and she says that it's over, but then she comes back a few days later and says that her emotions got the better of her and that she doesn't want it to be over, then I'll take her back, in the sense that I would pretend that she never said it was over. If she does something stupid during the time we were broken up, like having sex with someone else, then we would remain broken up. Likewise, if we remain broken up for a weeks (i. e., she doesn't come back quickly and acknowledge her emotional outburst), then we would remain broken up. However, some breakups occur during times when the woman is calm and collected. I take these break ups a lot more seriously. I will not take a woman back if she breaks up with me this way.

0|1
    0|0
  • They made a choice, and that choice was to live without you and be fine with hurting you, once that line is crossed it's hard to really trust them again.

Because love is respect, you don't respect someone if you think its fine to hurt them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Zero. Nada. Zilch. Not happening. Fuck you person that left me.

^ that's how many times.

You want someone who is willing to leave you for "freedom" (aka to whore around). Or do you want the girl that wants you forever without have to see if there is better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Five times, but each successive time she has to deposit $500 in my savings account and cook an amazing vegetarian dinner.

Kicker? On the fifth time, she has to buy me a Cadillac!

I've never made it past the first :(

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never gone back to an ex. They became an ex for a reason. That reason most likely will not change.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends what it's for.

I made the mistake of doing it once. It seemed like sometimes it was "minor" stuff that could be changed... but the girl didn't change... (or would change for a week, then just go back to her old ways). They were things that were small, but were signs of bigger problems that will show up in the relationship in the future. I doubt I'd do that again.

If you're married, the dynamic is a little different. I hate to be judgmental about whether it's a good idea for someone to break up (unless it's CLEARLY unhealthy... like emotional/physical abuse)... but if a girl or guy lies about something, that's the other person's decision on whether it's worth it to get back together with a person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on what they did & how much I love them, I would only give a second chance once.

0|0
    0|0
  • Around where I'm from, it's limitless.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never. Only 1 chance in life.

0|1
    0|0
  • sir i didn't even get a chance like this :$

0|0
    0|0
  • Never happened before. There was a reason it didn't work the first time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls who break up and get back together all the time are almost always drama queens. Hot and worth a few rounds in bed, but nothing more. Once they cause drama, forget em

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes