Do ex boyfriends really contact their ex girlfriends a lot?

My ex broke up with me and I still miss her a bit. However, as tempting it is to contat her, I am held back by a few things:

1. She broke up with me, so I feel she should reach out to me in

some way, assuming she is interested in a reconciliation.

2. I already tried, a month after the initial breakup, to try to reconcile, but she said no.

3. She told me that she was used to guys chasing her, and that even ex-boyfriends who were currently married, would contact her for potential hookups. That sounded rather pathetic to me, and I therefore did not want to be like one of those guys and feed her ego at the same time.

So, does this really happen? Do ex boyfriends usually re-appear in a woman's life? Is that why, perhaps, my ex was a bit friendlier a few months after the breakup, but then went cold later when she found out I was dating again? Maybe she expected me to reach out like all the others?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a saying here "old salt makes you thirsty". Usually exes really miss their ex partner (by for example reading old messages or watching old photos) and sometimes they want them back.

I think that it is absolutely pathetic and gross that your ex's exes, even maried ones, contact her for hookups. And I think it's absolutely conceited of a girl to say that guys chase her.

Don't be one of those. There's a reason why you two broke up, and the fact that she broke up with you makes it even more horrible if you went after her, because you may come off as a clingy, pathetic ex who just cannot let go (even if you're not). Don't give her the satisfaction.

Good luck.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Ha ha...you are right. Thank you.