Do community colleges care if you have a ged?

I'm a senior in high school and I just turned 18. Everyday at school I feel so depressed and anxious. I have skipped lunch a lot to go to the bathroom and cry. I can't stand it there because of the people, mostly. I get pretty good grades, but it's hard to focus because I'm always so anxious in class. My boyfriend is moving to another state this month for a job, and since the first semester is almost over, I was thinking about dropping out and getting my ged. Then, going to live with him, and starting community college this year. I really don't want to finish high school, and since he's moving, I'm going to be miserable here. My question is, do community colleges care if you drop out senior year and get a ged?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I am no expert, but have been told, that you can go to community college with a ged, however they may want you to take additional classes to make sure you are caught up. That is just what I have been told.

The best source is to call and ask them. You might want to consider studying for the CLEP tests and test out of some classes to save time and money.