Do community colleges care if you have a ged?

I'm a senior in high school and I just turned 18. Everyday at school I feel so depressed and anxious. I have skipped lunch a lot to go to the bathroom and cry. I can't stand it there because of the people, mostly. I get pretty good grades, but it's hard to focus because I'm always so anxious in class. My boyfriend is moving to another state this month for a job, and since the first semester is almost over, I was thinking about dropping out and getting my ged. Then, going to live with him, and starting community college this year. I really don't want to finish high school, and since he's moving, I'm going to be miserable here. My question is, do community colleges care if you drop out senior year and get a ged?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I am no expert, but have been told, that you can go to community college with a ged, however they may want you to take additional classes to make sure you are caught up. That is just what I have been told.

The best source is to call and ask them. You might want to consider studying for the CLEP tests and test out of some classes to save time and money.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• It depends are their rules. Some care, some don't. Just ask your local college. They can fill you in on everything ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • no but you should just finish highschool because Employers care about it and that's the long term importance.

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't employers only look and care about your college education?

• as a soon-to-be business owner, I would be off put if I saw someone had a ged.

although its "equivalent" is still gives a feeling of "less than highschool.

• atleast to me

• You should graduate high school it makes a big difference in the long run when you start you career later

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• You need at least a GED to get into college. But really? You have like three months left of senior year. You can't hold out that long? If you put that much importance on a guy you're going to wind up miserable for the rest of your life. If it's meant to be, he'll be supportive of you finishing HS and he'll still be there come summer.

1|0
    0|0
    • It's actually 5 months. And I can I guess, but I'm going to miss him so much. He'll be about 20 hours away :(

• Oh honey, believe me, I understand. I go to school college) an hour away from home. Next year my boyfriend will be going to school 6 hours away from my school. He's an athlete though so he can never come home. Not even for Christmas or Spring break or for a majority of the Summer. And my school schedule is intense as well. I essentially will see him for a total of 3 months throughout the entire year. If I can do it, you can do it. :)

Recommended myTakes