Why did boyfriend's sister ask me this?

I’m his first girlfriend and we’ve been dating for 3 months now. It’s been going pretty good. Just worried our relationship will end and I can’t stop comparing him to my ex. Boyfriend’s sister who is a freshman asked me privately if I’ll ever break her brother’s heart and I responded “No…will he?” she said “Naw. He’s too love-struck for that. Trust me”. I think she said “He’s too love-struck right now” or “He’s too love-struck for that”. I keep thinking of the past and how terrible for me it was with my ex boyfriend.

I keep thinking all guys are the same. My ex used me as an ego boost and was lonely, also a player. I keep assuming my boyfriend is that way. I keep over thinking and don’t believe a guy would actually like ME. I don’t want to break his heart and I’m afraid he will. I’ve met his family and ate dinner with them I believe twice, their nice awesome people. I have this feeling he asked her if I will break his heart…

What Guys Said 2

• i think you are again over thinking this a bit.

I think she is just a concerned sister inquiring about your relationship and feeligns for her brother.

• Ok, first off, you're completely over thinking things. His sister told you that he's lovestruck and you question it?

Secondly, you need to realize that your current boyfriend is NOT your ex. He's a completely different person. Period.

One thing is for sure, if you keep comparing him to your ex, keep treating him like he's your ex, he'll eventually get tired of it and leave. And that won't be his fault, that'll be yours.

What Girls Said 0