What helped you get over your last break up?

The last person you dated, how did you get over your breakup?

Workingout more, and hanging out with my family and friends more

1610

Most Helpful Guy

• I was literally heart broken after my last break-up. As a kicker the girl was a narcissist and always spun the situations around on me. So it made the break-up particularly bad. In order.

1. No contact of course. I didn't answer her calls and she "punished" me by blocking me on Facebook.

2. I allowed myself to be sad and feel extremely hopeless.

3. I allowed myself to get mad. I expressed my anger in small bits when people were rude to me after I'd given them warning.

4. Allowing my sorrow to hit bottom.

5. Acknowledging my own naivete and my strong dislike for my ex.

6. Reminding myself that my negative feelings are for her specifically and not for any other women.

7. Moving away from home and exercising.

8. Being warm and friendly with new women with zero expectation of outcome.

9. Noticing my ex had unblocked me on Facebook to taunt me with wall photos of her with her new boyfriend. This just confirmed her pettiness to me allowing me to breathe completely easy about my determination of her narcissism. (I hadn't deleted an old message that had the random silhouette and one day I saw that it had an actual picture.)