What helped you get over your last break up?

The last person you dated, how did you get over your breakup?

Workingout more, and hanging out with my family and friends more

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I was literally heart broken after my last break-up. As a kicker the girl was a narcissist and always spun the situations around on me. So it made the break-up particularly bad. In order.

1. No contact of course. I didn't answer her calls and she "punished" me by blocking me on Facebook.

2. I allowed myself to be sad and feel extremely hopeless.

3. I allowed myself to get mad. I expressed my anger in small bits when people were rude to me after I'd given them warning.

4. Allowing my sorrow to hit bottom.

5. Acknowledging my own naivete and my strong dislike for my ex.

6. Reminding myself that my negative feelings are for her specifically and not for any other women.

7. Moving away from home and exercising.

8. Being warm and friendly with new women with zero expectation of outcome.

9. Noticing my ex had unblocked me on Facebook to taunt me with wall photos of her with her new boyfriend. This just confirmed her pettiness to me allowing me to breathe completely easy about my determination of her narcissism. (I hadn't deleted an old message that had the random silhouette and one day I saw that it had an actual picture.)

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Same thing as always - finding a new girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • In all honesty, I had a break down after my last break up, because of my feelings for them and how things ended (VERY badly). It was more than just finding out I was cheated on BUT. The things that helped me move on were LONG walks, I literally walked the length of two towns, and then I walked much more, I had blisters on my feet for weeks. Normally I would lean on someone after a break up, vent and work out more, and just do ANYTHING and everything to occupy my mind and time. Writing poetry has been and always will be a big outlet for me ever since I discovered it in a middle school class where we were forced to write different kinds. I wrote one poem about a blade of grass so well that my teacher wrote stuff all over my page, and complimented me in person and from there it flourished into a past time for me as I realized I had a gift for writing poetry among other things.

I also took up some new hobbies after my last break up such as wood carving, rock carving, para-cord stitching/weaving/knotting, and that wasn't all I ended up doing. In the end it still hurts despite having happened at the beginning of this year, but I'm getting there, I find that the easiest way to forgive and forget is by finding a new special someone to help replace my memories.

Anyway, I hope this helps, best of of luck, wishes, and God Bless. ^-^

0|0
    0|0
  • Time, friends and plenty of activity, so you pretty much have it under control, even if it don't feel like it yet, you will one day wonder where those painful emotions have gone, but time is the only healer,x

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly what helps me is to just remind myself how many other people In the world I still have yet to meet. I haven't even lived half my life yet, why would I dwell on one person? Get out there and live life

0|0
    0|0
  • time, friends, family, hobbies, work and recreational activities

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't remember what helped me but you could have helped me a lot xD because you are incredible beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • crying and chocolate

3|1
    0|0
  • Distance

0|0
    0|0
  • A dildo

4|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• cry my eyes out the first few days.. then drive my friends and family nuts talking about him .. tried to text and call him with no luck .. cry some more .. drive family and friends crazy somemore.. tried to get out and meet some new guys.. met a new one ..had sex with him .. ALL BETTER ! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest myself. My friends and family couldn't tell me what I already knew. After awhile you get tired of hearing the same generic speech about them being there for you, and that you will get over it. Sometimes only you are the only one that can pull yourself together, because no one else understands your feelings more than you. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I work out, ate ice cream while watching sad movies. Then work out again because I ate too much ice cream. Night time is the worst. You trying to fall asleep but all you can think about is your ex. I made sure I tire myself to the degree I can fall asleep instantly.

2|0
    0|0
  • Just cutting all contact, so I eventually forgot about him, remembering I was the one that broke up with him and that I did it for a reason, and that missing someone doesn't necessarily mean that you love them or want to be with them, missing people is just natural and has to do more with the time you spent with them than what you feel for them... also enjoying the benefits of being single again.

0|0
    0|0
  • well nothing since I broke it off….

just the one break up

i dunno… I just focused on me a lot more, my own self improvement. you sort of realize at a certain point in life that one cares way more about other people than themselves at times

0|0
    0|0
  • read the book your ex factor by stephen poulter

look up kevin k his talk are amazing

also the girl gets ring program so worth the money!

sure distracting yourself works in the short term but when its dark at night when you are alone with your thoughts then what? When your sing starts playing on the radio?

Learn from what went wrong in the relationship and then move forward.

0|0
    0|0
  • Time. We didn't date but we liked each other - we were like best friends who liked each other but couldn't date cause of religious differences.

0|0
    0|0
  • It happened just last weekend and I'm still getting over it, although I'm not nearly as much of a mess as I was the first couple days. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I didn't shower, I cried a lot, and I basically spent all day in my pajamas hugging my pillow and glancing at my phone for him. Yeah it was pathetic.

The single most successful thing I do when I go through a bad breakup is write a letter to him that I'll never send. I just open up a blank Word document and pour out my most raw and irrational feelings until I have nothing left to say. It's always worked magically at helping me start healing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hanging out with friends and family. Talking about it with them helps too, it may help you realize you will be a lot happier without them than you where with them

0|0
    0|0
  • ok this might be awful sounding and not uplifting but I'm only sharing my experience in hope that if you are experiencing this problem to let you know that your not alone...

I didnt... for a while

I am clinically depressed so I turned to everything sinical and awful for me.

nothing but time helped me heal from the nasty break up.

so time is key if nothing seems to help.

i swear you will get over it and feel a lot better someday and meet a perfect guy who loves you just the same as you do.

if you don't seem to be going through that...

JOURNALING.YOGA.HANING WITH FRIENDS OR FAMILY. DRAWING. READING. LISTENING TO MUSIC. MEETING NEW PEOPLE. LEARN A NEW SKILL. WATCH MOVIES. <3

0|0
    0|0
  • Time, dating, keeping busy

0|0
    0|0
  • Distracting myself

0|0
    0|0
  • Another guy

0|0
    0|0
  • Alcohol , partying and drugs, lol.

I do not recommend.

0|0
    0|0
  • I found a new boy quick

0|0
    0|0
  • Distance. Being physically far apart made things easier, or at least for me. Out of sight, out of mind.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes