Do you regret breaking up badly?

I'm going to precede my story with a request not to make me feel worse than I already do. If you agree that I was a bitch, kindly keep it to yourself. Thanks.

Tonight I broke up with a guy I have been seeing on and off for the past three months. Feels longer, as we got hot and heavy quickly and faded out just as quickly.

I told him that I can't have sex with him anymore until I figure out if I would rather be in an exclusive relationship and he basically told me that without sex he doesn't have any interest in seeing me anymore.

I lost it via text. Called him every bad name under the sun. Accused him of using me and tossing me aside. Called him a man whore and said that he was a sexual predator (seems dramatic I know.)

At the time I thought I was justified, but now I just feel like a bitch. and a part of me wants to apologize. Obviously we are not compatible, but I want to break-up amicable and with some class. Is it too late to reclaim some of my dignity?

Has anyone ever behaved badly during a break-up and were you able to come to terms with it or rectify your mistake?

A part of me feels like he's a jerk, but at the same time, we've been heading for this break-up for a few weeks now. So I wasn't even all that hurt when he said he didn't want to see me anymore. I think I mostly said the things I said cause I thought that that was what I was supposed to say. So he used me for sex. Big deal. I used him too. So we're even.

Do you think I should apologize? Would you be willing to hear an apology from someone who previously called you a whore?

Thanks!
One more confession: Okay man whore wasn't the worst thing I said. I also told him that he was bad in bed and called his penis tiny :/

37

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think I ever had any break-up's that I regret the way I did it I just always feel bad having to break up with anyone. I just think about it forever and usually try and reach out to the person to ask if they are OK and hope that there are no ill feelings. For example I dated a girl back in 2011 for about 3 months. We weren't compatible but she felt like we were so when I broke up with her she was pretty upset. 2 years later I still feel bad about making someone so upset especially since I've been the person on the other end and know how bad it can feel...

I think you should apologize. Just tell him that you didn't truly mean the things you said and you were just upset. I've been in the position your ex was in where a girl just ripped into me. I knew that it was just anger and trying to feel good about herself but it still would have been nice to see hear her apology and show some regret for how she handled stuff... It just shows strength of character to admit you messed up. You could call or write him a letter but I think he would appreciate it

• Thanks for the advice, but after apologizing, I feel like I got myself into another shit storm. He says he misses me and wants me back, but if I don't feel the same way I shouldn't have apologized. I should have just left things the way they were. Lol. The road to hell is totally paved with good intentions.

• well I don't think just because you don't like him that you can't apologize for breaking up in a not so great way...i mean they are two unrelated matters. just because you apologize shouldn't give him any notion that your feelings are different (that you still don't want to be with him)