Do you feel sad when you see people who have been together a long time break up?

Before I got with my current boyfriend who I've been with for 2 years I didn't used to care when people broke up cause I thought it was bound to happen anyway but now I feel really sad when I see people who have been together for a long time break up...especially if I knew the couple from before. Does anyone feel the same?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You bet, People hae so much invested, and even if they do find someon else, , it may never work as well as the first relationship.

We usually value our first LTR in our memory, and once people are past 35 or so and split up, they have a good chance of never finding another LTR. People have baggage, are fixed in their ways, and unwilling to adapt to a new partner when they're older.

It's sad to think one or both of them may be alone most, lif njot all, the rest of their life. My wife's parents split up, and neither is happy with their new lives. Her mom is with a guy just because of his money, her father chases after younger women...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• No... I'm either close enough to both parties or was around them long enough to see it coming. I was sad watching that part and I feel that maybe they'll have some peace now.

I will be sad for my friends who have angry, random, explosive breakups...especially if they might be permanent, those make me sad for my friends, like "no you can't let this dumb @#$% ruin a good thing."

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, but I've never asked anyone out, had a girlfriend or anything. I believe as you did, that it's bound to happen anyway.

0|0
    1|0
    • maybe you'll see it differently some day then

• Show All
    • It is a known fact people stay in marriages for other reasons than love, your grand parents are to old to handle a divorce now lol.

Get blocked by the way, your loving one person until the end of time fantasies make me sick. You WILL not be with who ever you're with now forever.

• Happy life anonymous :)

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, a friend from college was dating a girl he had dated in the past. They broke up once, got back together and seemed to really be going strong. Then when they graduated she just up and left him, supposedly because of distance... every time I see her on Facebook now it's like she's got a new boyfriend. I feel bad for my friend, I think it hit him hard and he seems like he's been trying to move on. A few of my guy friends went through break-ups after graduation, now that I think about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm more sad when people stay together only because they've been together for so long. Everyone sees them as completely incompatible, they're a nightmare to be around together and neither of them will leave.

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah that's obviously sad but I'm thinking more about people who never seemed to have anything wrong and actually looked like they totally clicked. Recently a guy I know broke up with his girlfriend or she broke up with him don't know how it was cause of a really stupid fight that didn't make sense... something about them not being able to meet for a few days

• Show All
    • That's not always the case. Some relationships bring out the worst in people.

• They've never been abusive with others...

• It's sad because I think usually couples could work it out, so that's saddening. Though sometimes I can see how it was a bound to fail, it's still sad because they cared for each other so much but still couldn't make their relationship function :(

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes because when there's love it's like ..really sad that you see it working out cause you love that person so much but then people don't make enough sacrifices or its just too much for them etc.. I kind of imagine what things would have been like if certain couples I knew hadn't broken up... they could have gotten married, had kids etc.. then it gets me thinking on how such a small choice, a few words we say can change our whole future forever.

• Yes, It breaks my heart. I miss my ex so much, I wish we could have stayed together! :(

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes