Do you feel sad when you see people who have been together a long time break up?

Before I got with my current boyfriend who I've been with for 2 years I didn't used to care when people broke up cause I thought it was bound to happen anyway but now I feel really sad when I see people who have been together for a long time break up...especially if I knew the couple from before. Does anyone feel the same?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• You bet, People hae so much invested, and even if they do find someon else, , it may never work as well as the first relationship.

We usually value our first LTR in our memory, and once people are past 35 or so and split up, they have a good chance of never finding another LTR. People have baggage, are fixed in their ways, and unwilling to adapt to a new partner when they're older.

It's sad to think one or both of them may be alone most, lif njot all, the rest of their life. My wife's parents split up, and neither is happy with their new lives. Her mom is with a guy just because of his money, her father chases after younger women...