Do you stop caring about an ex?

My ex had a huge crush on me, and persistently asked me out. I was just good friends with him, but eventually said yes. We dated very seriously for one year. He broke up saying he legimitely got scared because he never saw our relationship ending, and he was too young to commit to one girl...esp since I was his first real girlfriend (he is 23). I totally believe him!

It feels like he has stopped caring for me nowdays, even as a friend. I got into a car accident months after breaking up, and he never offered his help even when I texted him during it. He didn't even ask "are you ok?". We work together. And he usually doesn't seem to go out of his way to help me, or hang out with me, or talk to me. The stuff he used to find amusing about me, he seems to get annoyed with nowdays. I just get a general feeling of huge disinterest and non-caring (even less than a person would care for a stranger!). He treats EVERYONE else at work with such politeness and care.

I don't want to date him, but I want to be a friend he legitimately cares about. We are not strangers! So why do we act like it? Only thing he has done recently, is asked a couple of my friends if I like someone else, or if I am dating someone, and if I'm over him.

It breaks my heart to see him not give a crap about me and what happens to me on a daily basis. I have gone out of my way to help him, and will always be there for him. Have you guys ever felt like that? How do you get past it?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all his reason for breaking up is a cop out. He saw you guys being together forever so he had to end it. Isn't that the reason we date, to find someone we want to spend our lives with? I may be out of touch, but that reason for breaking up doesn't make sense unless he just wants to be with other girls for sex. In that case you should see him for what he is. He ignores you and shows no concern for your well being, the solution should be obvious. Forget you ever knew him and move on. Iam however a hopeless romantic that understands sometimes it is hard to get over someone even when they no longer care about you. Based on how this guy is treating you, I wouldn't hold out hope for anything. Focus on yourself and your goals. Write in a journal or even on GAG about how you feel, or if you have another way to get your frustration out, pursue that avenue. Just work day by day to achieve your goals, and one of these days you'll find this guy and his actions no longer affects you. I hope this helps, best of luck to you.