Quick! Your parents are divorcing!

A little sadistic survey.

Imagine your parents are divorcing and you are still a minor living with them. Let's say you're somewhere between the ages of 10 and 15.

Your parents are divorcing and you have been given the choice of which one you are going to live with.

Which do you choose?

Please choose your gut instinct for the poll then answer below why you picked that parent and whether or not your gut choice would be a good choice in the long run.

My gut response would be to live with my dad because he's awesome and we get along very well and both have similar playful personalities.

But it would be better to live with my mom because she rides me pretty hard about my grades and pushes me for excellence. My father would want me to do well, but he is more accepting of almost excellence than my mom is.

The two even each other out and make our home life good. My dad's playful easy going personality makes my mom's perfectionist no-nonsense personality easier to deal with lol. I couldn't imagine if they divorced.

• Mother
    Vote A
  • Father
    Vote B
  • I only ever had one parent
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, my parents never got divorced (married) so I really can't imagine it however I have lived with my dad the longest (grew up living with my Aunt) so I would choose him.

Despite him being a military guy, he's pretty chill. Strict about school and stuff but let's you do what you want (within reason of course) as long as you have everything else done. Downside is, he's an alcoholic. Drinks a pack of beer a day. Not to the point he becomes abusive or anything but it amplifies his depression so his mood is pretty down at the end of the day.

My mom is pretty cool. Even though she donated me her kidney, I can't possibly imagine living with her, especially if my sister was living with us as well. Love her to death but too much drama. Gets upset over the littlest things. Add my sister into the equation and it's constant drama no matter what haha. The only thing I'd really enjoy is her cooking every night. Might've learned how to cook decently had I lived with her.

But in the end, if I had the opportunity to choose who I'd live with growing up, it will always be my Aunt. She was pretty strict but without her, I wouldn't be the man I am today.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• That's a mind twister for my folks given how long they've been together. I suppose I'd live with Mom to lighten Dad's load since he was always the big earner in the family and would need to be free to keep doing it. Damned if I'd let their inability (thank god, hypothetical) to get along mess up my relationship with either one though.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• My mom, definitely. She's my best friend and also a wonderful parent. My dad made more money than she did at that age, but my dad was not a good father. The way he regularly talked to me really killed my confidence in myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% my dad. he's the only person who I could never bear to be away from. felt this way all my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • My dad

0|0
    0|0
  • Both of my parents are awesome people. But I'd probably stay with my mom. My dad is chill and he's not strict at all. So I would probably have a lot of freedom, more than a child/teenager should have. It wouldn't benefit me much in the end. My mom would discipline me better, I think.

Plus, I don't think I could bear to be away from my mom.

0|0
    0|0
  • hallelujah! god they have been arguing for years, just get it over with... stop coming to me with issues instead of talking to each other about it. Basically I just want to move out and never talk to them again. If I ever had kids they would make great grandparents, but I doubt I'll have kids. I love them both but I can't stand living with them.

0|0
    0|0
    • I would live with my dad, he is more laid back...

Recommended myTakes