Women: How long did it take you to get over your first?

My sister is still not over her first and they broke up a year back. They dated for about 2 years and she is 21 now. How long does it usually take for y'all to get over your ex if it was a serious relationship? Thanks for your time.
Thank you. Well she he just a rebound guy and said she is over her first but I don't think that's true. I'm trying to help her but she thinks I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't think it's healthy for her to get a rebound, she is already saying that she is in love with the guy and she brags about him all on Faceobok. As a brother I'm concerned because I think she is setting herself up for failure because he new boyfriend is a loser (drug user and probation) and my family hates him.

100

Most Helpful Girl

• To get over that person completely can take some people years. My first boyfriend was an asshole, and we've been broken up since 2007 but I saw him again last year and I must say it got me thinking about the relationship we had. So to get completely over him? That could take a while. To get over him as in: she knows she can live without him and doesn't burst into tears with the thought of him, that took me a few months though. Though some women take longer or not as long.

So I suggest you give her time, but let her know that you're there for her if she wants to talk or just take her mind off things.

• Thank you. Well she he just a rebound guy and said she is over her first but I don't think that's true. I'm trying to help her but she thinks I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't think it's healthy for her to get a rebound.

• Rebounds can help sometimes :)

It may sound rude but she should discover for hersel what works and what not, so she'll know it if it happens again in the future.