If hypothetically the women was the sole provider in the marriage?

... and they got divorced, would she haft to pay her ex-husband alimony like a guy does his ex- wife or would it be different since he's a guy,

76

Most Helpful Girl

• That can and does happen.

I see nothing wrong with alimony. It's only fair. You can't expect a person to put their lives (career/education) on hold because they are raising a family, then dump them and expect them to just keep it moving even though them staying home and not providing was fine while you were together. they need something to bounce back with.

That being said why would I want a broke man in the first place? Men complain about having to pay alimony, but don't see a problem dating and marrying women who have less money, education, and earning potential as them.