If hypothetically the women was the sole provider in the marriage?

... and they got divorced, would she haft to pay her ex-husband alimony like a guy does his ex- wife or would it be different since he's a guy,

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That can and does happen.

I see nothing wrong with alimony. It's only fair. You can't expect a person to put their lives (career/education) on hold because they are raising a family, then dump them and expect them to just keep it moving even though them staying home and not providing was fine while you were together. they need something to bounce back with.

That being said why would I want a broke man in the first place? Men complain about having to pay alimony, but don't see a problem dating and marrying women who have less money, education, and earning potential as them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, many women pay alimony, and the number of women paying alimony to their ex-husbands is increasing as there are more women who are earning more than their husbands.

1|0
    0|1
    • SOMETIMES it happens that way, and it's thankfully becoming more common, but there are plenty of cases where the woman makes more and the guy still gets stuck making the payments instead of her.

• Can you please provide more information on this?

• Yes they do which is why I hate hearing guys complain all the time about "guys getting fucked over". Whatever.

Madonna lost 92 million in her divorce.

3|0
    0|1
  • Yes, in many countries she would. This situation does happen in Europe and North America more often than you would imagine.

0|0
    0|0
  • She would definitely have to pay unless they signed a prenup. She would absolutely have to pay. My moms friend is still paying her ex husband because she was the primary bread winner.

0|0
    0|0
  • um britney and kfed? happens in japan too. tsubasa masuwaka lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, she would have to pay like a guy would. This is no new thing in divorce court. has happened several times. But, alimony or spousal support is never a right. If you are the husband where the wife is the provider, you have to motion the court asking for this and how much. And the judge has to grant this and how much. This is not a right as in many cases the wife makes 6 digits and say the guy is unemployed. He has a very good chance of getting it, but if he pissed off the judge for some reason, he could walk out getting nothing. So there is no set thing as divorce court is civil and all done by contracting. Basically, agreements until the agreements can't be made no longer and then the judge needs to step in to decide.

And I will just add to what tiredoftrying said about a prenup. Not saying she is wrong, just adding to it. But, in some cases, a prenup can contain language regarding alimony or spousal support, but a prenup is mainly for splitting assets in the event of divorce and not so much money changing hands and how much. But mainly, this only applies to "property owned prior to marriage", as it is called a prenup, meaning agreement before hand or before marriage, not things acquired during the marriage as that is mainly joint assets unless someone is an idiot and signs their life away as prenups are not usually amended. They can be as any contract can be if both parties are willing. But if one is not willing to amend it, then it can't be.

But it does happen where prenups to contain language regarding alimony or spousal support, but not as often as it not containing that language.

Also, the husband can refuse to accept it even though it is in the prenup/contract. He has to do this in front of the judge, but he can refuse it even though a contract states he gets it. Hell, a woman can even attach language into it saying that she gets his penis in the event of a divorce, and if he is stupid enough to sign it, he is sort of forced to give it up. It won't happen if he changes his mind later about that as there is no forcing for other than monetarily in civil/divorce court. Civil court only works on that you contract into and your punishment for not complying is only a few days in jail for contempt, but you will be out in days and still have your penis.

But as far as divorce court or family services, thus is not my specialty, I studies Constitutional law for 21 years and UCC/Commercial law for the past going on 4 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on where you live yes. Some women do get stuck paying.

The reason it's barely heard of is because many women will not even date a guy who makes less money than her. Some admit it and some don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Alimony laws vary by state. In some states there is no chance for a man to ever get alimony, In others, if a woman was the complete breadwinner and the man was a house husban, then it might be possible for him to be awarded temporary allimony until he was able to secure some sort of employment, but he would be strongly urged to become gainfully employed. A woman however could leech on the dole until she dies or remarries. The laws discriminate against men... Check your state laws if you want to know how it would impact you.

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't think I need too, as this question doesn't contain to me. I was just something I was curious about after watching a court show.

• Well the best thing to do when curious about the law, is to read the law. Get to it...

• Yes, women pay alimony too. But it also depends on where you live

1|0
    0|0
  • It is a sexist standard. Always has been/

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, some women are now being required to pay alimony, and it's really pissing them off. This article is definitely worth reading. It will put a smile on your face.

link

0|2
    3|0

Recommended myTakes