Is whether a guy makes a move or not dependent on how much he likes the girl?

I'm a shy girl and honestly I am really afraid of guys rejecting me. I don't put myself out there or make a move unless I really really like the guy.

My friend said that for guys if they really really like the girl they will go out of their way to pursue her no matter how shy they are or how afraid of rejection they are, etc.

Basically, if a guy likes a girl enough, will he make a move?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. I'm pretty shy myself and it takes a me a lot of time to build up courage to make a move. Like weeks, even months. During that time she might think I'm not interested, and I'll even act that way sometimes. There are many guys just like me, so guys you run into may be just like that. I have even bailed on some girls because I was waiting so long that I thought it would be really pathetic to make a move now, or she found someone else in the meantime.

It's true that if I find a girl to be so-so, then it is very unlikely I will make the first move. And if I like her a lot, it is more likely, but it's still possible that I will not.

To answer your question: no, he may not make a move, even if he likes her a lot. He may be that shy. Guys can also be afraid of rejection, just like you. So if you don't make the first move, you'll risk he may not either.

Counter question: if a girl likes a guy enough, will she make a move?

• I can attest to that! I've put myself out there for guys I like a lot. If I don't like a guy that much I definitely don't put myself out there. I only make myself do it when I really like the guy

• But it's not always going to be the case. That was my point. If a guy is too shy, he's just not going to do it. Same goes for a girl. Apparently you're not that shy after all, just don't want to date just anyone - only someone you really like a lot.