Is whether a guy makes a move or not dependent on how much he likes the girl?

I'm a shy girl and honestly I am really afraid of guys rejecting me. I don't put myself out there or make a move unless I really really like the guy.

My friend said that for guys if they really really like the girl they will go out of their way to pursue her no matter how shy they are or how afraid of rejection they are, etc.

Basically, if a guy likes a girl enough, will he make a move?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. I'm pretty shy myself and it takes a me a lot of time to build up courage to make a move. Like weeks, even months. During that time she might think I'm not interested, and I'll even act that way sometimes. There are many guys just like me, so guys you run into may be just like that. I have even bailed on some girls because I was waiting so long that I thought it would be really pathetic to make a move now, or she found someone else in the meantime.

It's true that if I find a girl to be so-so, then it is very unlikely I will make the first move. And if I like her a lot, it is more likely, but it's still possible that I will not.

To answer your question: no, he may not make a move, even if he likes her a lot. He may be that shy. Guys can also be afraid of rejection, just like you. So if you don't make the first move, you'll risk he may not either.

Counter question: if a girl likes a guy enough, will she make a move?

0|0
    0|0
    • I can attest to that! I've put myself out there for guys I like a lot. If I don't like a guy that much I definitely don't put myself out there. I only make myself do it when I really like the guy

• But it's not always going to be the case. That was my point. If a guy is too shy, he's just not going to do it. Same goes for a girl. Apparently you're not that shy after all, just don't want to date just anyone - only someone you really like a lot.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Your friend is wrong. If a guy really really likes a girl, he gets shy, nervous, hesitant, and doesn't make a move. Players don't get nervous.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if he's an introvert he will only make a move if the girl is giving him massively big signals and constantly (each and every time she sees him) and gives him eye contact when up close - which almost all girls can't do.

And if he's an introvert and doesn't know about signals (which was me a few years ago) then he is absolutely incapable of making a move, even though he desperately wants to.

So if your guy is an extrovert or a player, then you should be fine

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• It depends on the guy's personality. If a guy is painfully shy, he might not ever make a move. But most guys will do something depending on the situation and how likely he feels the girl would give him a shot. Some guys are bolder and some make smaller subtle moves.

0|0
    0|0
  • guys these days confuse things: a lot of them might say yes! but then you see these other guys that complain that women "never" initiate, also lot of guys on here seem to like girls to a point of hiding. so shrugs.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yea, I mean if he really, really likes her then I don't think he would have a problem :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes