Saying happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to an ex?

My ex boyfriends birthday is on the 26th. I want go say Happy Birthday as well as Merry Christmas, he is still my best friend he just happens to be an ex. Do I say all of these things as the ex girlfriend or as the best friend? We are very close but I don't want to weird him out by going to far. Any suggestions?

It's not that I don't know if I should say it it's how to say it.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• You say he is your best friend, but are you his best friend as well? The reason why I'm asking is because I find it strange you even have to post this question if you and him are friends. If you can't let go of the relationship and are hanging on to something that isn't there anymore: stop talking to him.