How do I know if he'll miss me?

I know this question sounds pathetic but he moved on so quickly after we broke up, it makes me wonder if anything we had together even meant something to him.

Is it really that easy to move on quickly after a break up? He was with a new girl like the next week

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds harsh, but after a very similar experience to yours recently, I can say with the utmost confidence you will never know the answer to this question. I have been asking myself the same question for the past 6 months after my breakup and I still do not know. I deleted him from my life after I saw he got a new relationship and I have tortured myself over it. Does he think of me? Did I matter to him at all? Does he care for me? Does he ever think of me? Even for a split second? And still no answer.

I don't want you to do the same as me. Do not torture yourself. Human beings are very sensitive things and he probably has no idea how much he is affecting you emotionally. NOW is the time to put yourself first. You have been wounded. What do you do when you get a wound? Clean it, tend to it, and bandage it until it has healed. Every time you ask yourself this question, its like ripping that bandage off again, leaving the wound exposed. I know that if you keep doing this it will take a lot longer to heal and therefore heal properly.

If he is willing to move on that quickly, I am afraid he doesn't know the first thing about love. You cannot just rid yourself of strong feelings within the space of a week and this new one is probably a rebound.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I tend to agree with asker999. Some people have no real emotions, and you cannot take their actions personally. You should feel lucky he did not take you for everything you've got before he left. I know its hard, but just forget him and focus on making yourself the best you can be.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone is different. I was with a girl recently that moved on rather easily and it kinda stumped me a little. But after talking with a few friends one of them mentioned that she sounded like a psychopath. Not a serial killer type, but one percent of the population are psychopaths so you do run into them frequently. She knew how to mimic emotion but when it came down to it, there wasn't anything there. And I know enough about her past that there are things that haunt her and have caused her to be this way. This experience made me realize that people make their decisions on what they have to do to survive and not about me. I am not saying he is a psychopath, my point is that there is a reason behind why people act the way they do.

So don't take what he is doing personal. It isn't about you, he is just doing what he has to and be glad you aren't with someone that can't give you the emotional support you really need.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Some people move on quickly doesn't mean that he didn't care about you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes