Should I call her after 6 years?

OK so we went out for five years -- but I have not seen her in 6. It was not a bad breakup -- just a little sad. She is 2.5 years older than me, and in girl and guy terms, that means she was very mature and focused and I was still a boy. Weird thing. The state took over the house where she was renting an Apt -- and paid her $10K to move! So she moved farther out into the boonies and bought a condo. A smart move. But I was a city boy -- still working on my degree and immature and unfocused about a future path. Now -- she was ready for kids. And I am like -- where can I find ANY job in my field? Long story short, we grew apart not only because of the distance physically, but at the points in our lives. Of course the breakup was not easy -- there were tears when she slept with someone who was close by. Then when I did -- I guess to pay her back. Ya. I was that immature. But now six years later, I see her Mom passed away, and all that time we spent together came rushing back. Funny thing is, we never fought for the first 4 years and everyone was like...ya...Kathy and Marco...that's a lock. SO, given the time that has gone by, would it be creepy to call her, or a nice gesture to tell her I was sorry to hear about her mom? I did call 4 years ago. It was nice, but she had a boyfriend, and I did not want to disturb the peace. Yes, I have gone out with girls since then, and it was physical, but I never felt soul like this girl. Anyway, I am 31 and she is 34. Too late? Let it go? Or at least try one more time -- and let the chips fall where they may? Thanks!

61

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's not creepy at all! I think she would really appreciate hearing from you given her current situation. Just be careful not to expect too much relationship-wise, for right now just be a friend and see what happens next...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Great answer -- thanks!

Marc

• PLEASE call her today...it is not too late but might be if you wait !

Just let her know that you still think about her and would like to spend some time with her if she is ever up for it.

She will probably be surprised to hear this and if she is not interested now, at least she will know this and maybe in the future she will decide that she is up for it...but until she has this information, nothing is going to happen...

I'd want to know...

• Great points -- again. Guys are so bad at that. We think -- well I picked up the phone -- she has to know how I feel. NO. She does not. You have to tell her. I think your approach is excellent, and I will let you know if anything comes of this.