I still miss my ex girlfriend....

Two years have passed and I am still in this weird mood train.To be fair after the break up,she didn't let me move on,she wasn't sure either.The real break up happened a few months ago.I think its insane,for almost two years we were arguing with each other,many breaks but still we were talking.The last seven months I am trying to move on,which we aren't talking,but the dreams and all the memories aren't going away.We werent together for long,only for eight months,so the rule about the get over period is far gone.

Christmass are coming and I feel even more desperate if I can say that,i want to get over this emotional hell and feel well again.Going out with friends,isnt helping either,i feel down and I don't want to be an obstacle all the time.

Sorry for the long and depressing post,but I think someone might have similar experience and he/she would like to give some tips.
I want to thank you all for your great answers.U made my day and you gave me hope,its uplifting to know that people have had the same situations and got over them.(Its obvious that it is happening but it makes a HUGE difference to have it as a thought in the back of your mind and having people share their experiences!)So I really want to wish you the best in the future from the bottom of my heart! :)

31

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes a while for some people to completely get over their exes. Especially if you've spent a lot of time with them and bonded with them closely. The holidays often compound loneliness and makes it even worse for those who are single and don't want to be. I'm feeling really lonely right now because of the season and to compound that a close friend of mine started dating my sister, leaving me to feel even worse about being single.

Don't worry about how long it's taken you to get over it or the fact that you still think of your ex and miss her. Some people will always have a special place in their heart for their exes and have feelings for them. The feelings can be there even if it is ever-so-small. As long as you're making progress and taking opportunities to meet and get to know new people, it's okay.

• Yea you are right,we had a pretty strong bond,many things happened while we were together and bring people closer,doesn't it?Yea probably you are right.She will be always in my heart! :)

I hope that you will feel better too!U seem to be in a similar emotional dead end so I will wish merry x-mass from the bottom of my heart and keep moving on :)