Is waiting the only thing I can do in this situation?

About a month ago my boyfriend of 10 months confronted me and said he wanted to have some space for a while and be friends due to school and family stress, plus the fact he had no time for me because of It all and felt it was unfair to me. (He's 45 minutes away at college). He tells me that he still loves me and his feelings haven't changed, but he just wants to be single for a while, and we can possibly get back together later on. Since then we've still been talking off and on, he's made an excuse to see me once when I was up at his campus, and he told me he wants to see me this winter during his break if his parents allow him to go. (His parents keep him under a tight leash).

I really want to be with him and I love him dearly, even if he has no time for me. And from when I saw him and from things that he told me, I can tell he still loves me. Is waiting for him until we can be together again the only thing I can do in this situation?

11