How many heartbreaks have you had?

When it comes to dating and relationships, how many heartbreaks have you had? I would say 2 and it's not fun at all, the first was my first boyfriend and than this boy I was starting to talk to but I found out he was still talking to his ex. I don't know how people can deal with this on a constant basis, dating multiple people just for it not to work. Does the heartbreak ever fully go away?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had a lot of rejection and tons of little minor aches, but only 2 REAL heartbreaks. Ones that I had to grieve for a while.

I don't know if it ever goes away completely, to be honest. I give my heart to so few, that's probably why what heartbreaks I did have seem to hurt so much more than they should have. I don't cry about it still or anything like that, but for example, recently I ran into an ex that was one of the two, and it hurt pretty bad. Especially because he was with the girl he started dating RIGHT after dumping me (years before). I don't want him anymore or anything, but it still hurt because it's that reminder that I wasn't good enough, or whatever. And yes, I know that's not a logical way to think, but it's where my brain always goes. The heart is stupid, haha!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• 2 and it never goes away...it just gets duller. Kind of like emotional scar-tissue.

I think these words sums up how we deal with heartache:

"Time won't heal, it just buries the pain and slowly changes form.

But a bleeding heart is an open one, alive yet so undone."

1|0
    0|0
  • Uhhgg got a calculator ? I lead with the heart I feel the break and the grieving process is a well oiled machine. It doesn't get easier.

But I will not let the heart harden. I just love harder ! I know there is a lucky woman out there somewhere !

1|0
    0|0
  • I failed multiple times, but I show no regret on being myself and still keep swinging the bat.

One time I liked this girl and I asked her out and she said no. Next girl I asked out said no as well. Two months later, girl one and 2 are both going out. I would feel frustrated at first but being the fact they were both attractive... Everyone was happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hopleless romantic is my middle name! lol. I've had so many, can't even keep count

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I've had about 3 heartbreaks now and probably one or two more but they didn't really have a big impact on me as I was very young. My last 3 were sucky though and especially my last one. That just ... idk... killed a tiny part of me? Heartbreak I think can go away. But you have to find someone new who you can fall in love with again. It's possible even if it doesn't feel like it.

1|0
    0|0
  • The heartbreak will go away in time. Just remember that every relationship, good or bad, will teach you something- whether it's about what you like, what you don't like, or about yourself. Try to see the silver lining of every break-up and know that each one only makes you stronger.

But just give it time and allow yourself to feel whatever you need to feel- that's how we heal.

1|0
    0|0
  • 2 haven't started dating yet. The first led me on then got himself a girlfriend. Then I did the brave thing and told him I liked him. Douchebag gave me no answer but I don't regret it. Never wondered "what if." The second unintentionally flirted me while having a longterm girlfriend. But I guess we humans are naturally like that and I shouldn't over think it. This one is not a douche bag and I think I could be friends with.

1|0
    0|0
  • But yeah, like the comment below, they do teach you something. And it's onlt a matter of time before the right one comes..

1|0
    0|0
  • 5 heartbreaks

1|0
    0|0
  • None, I usually broke up with the men first.

1|1
    0|0
  • zero

1|0
    0|0
  • 5 heartbreaks. I am still waiting for the right one to come along. I have learned so much and am ready to not be so oblivious when meeting someone new.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am going through one right now. It really sucks and it came out of no where. I am lost without talking to him everyday

2|0
    0|0
  • one heartbreak and I was so miserable

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes