Why would ex congradulate me on my birthday when we did't speek?

My ex boyfriend send me a happy birthday when we didn't speak for a long time. Maybe more than three years. We congratulated each other some holidays if we found ourselves in the same room at the moment, but other that we pretty much ignore each other even if we're near. Then he sends me this two days after my birthday, probably saw me celebrate it. Why this all of the sudden? like nothing ever happend.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• As others said, don't think too much into it. First, it's meaningless cause the past is the past. Second, it's just a birthday. You're one year older. Happy birthday simply means that you're being nice and telling someone to have a good day, nothing more. Third, it's a shame that we, as a society, can't act or say something nice to the opposite sex without them thinking that we have alternative motives. Just accept the happy birthday, thank him, and move on.