Why is boyfriend annoyed that I don't want to move in with him?

Well my boyfriend and I've been dating (separately) for nearly 2 years and he's been lately asking me to move in with him.

I don't want to and told him no and it seems like he got kind of irritated. I just don't want to. I don't do that. I had 2 prior bfs and never moved in with them either. I just believe there is a place to be serious and a place to be dating if I just want a relationship.
The fact that he's being getting a bit distant and getting upset when I refused to move in with him is already making me kind of reconsider the relationship. It seems that my NO to that hurt him.

I feel that I'm going to waste time by moving in with him just like that and no real purpose.
His reason he keep telling me was along the lines of ''But it would be nice to know each other better, it'll bring us closer, etc...

I don't get this. We've stayed for a couple days in each others' house on vacations so that's enough to me.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you don't really love him. But he is obviously deeply attached to you...for right now. You don't see him as a long term (permanent) relationship possibility, but he wants to figure out if you could be his future wife.

I can understand why he got upset. I would never move in with a boyfriend either like that, but I would definitely explain my reasoning! Why do you not want to move in? "I just don't want to" is not a reason.

Is it because you don't see this relationship going anywhere? That's what it sounds like this issue boils down to. In that case, you should let this guy go. He sounds like a good guy and you're not ready for that kind of deep relationship.