When a relationship ends. Do you move on?

A lot of people on here seem to have a problem moving on from a failed relationship. The get mad if an ex blocks them on Facebook as if that is important. They wonder if the should call and say Happy Birthday etc. I just don't get it. I feel when a relationship ends I move on and I'm not interested in keeping them in my life. Obviously if I run into an ex, I'm cordial.

How do you handle a relationship ending?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When it's over they are basically dead to me. I delete all stuff related to them (i.e. phone numbers [usually blacklist the number], pictures, any remaining emails [black list their email address], etc.), get rid of any junk they left at my place, and don't talk to them or their friends anymore. If I run into them I don't even acknowledge that they exist. I just go on with life... I wouldn't say I'm whole and ready to date right away, or that I'll easily find someone I want a relationship with any time soon, but I'm not going back to that's for sure...

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Pretty much the same, I don't waste my time on what ifs, I always make my destiny mine by moving on and not hanging around for something that didn't work the first time round, so why think different that it would work a second time round, I just don't see the point in making the same mistake twice, so yeah, I agree with your method,x

1|1
    0|0
  • In my last relationship we were in love. We still love each other as friends. We don't get together as much as we used to, but we usually communicate on a daily basis. She is still my favorite gal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I mean I do what I can to maintain a friendship with the person I was with. I've been pretty successful in that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll be passively friendly with exes but I don't put effort into them...talk about wasted energy!

0|0
    0|0
  • When I'm done with you, you're done. There will be no happy birthdays, no congratulations on your new kid, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • When it's over, it's permanently over.

I hope all other guys are in minority - like this one: link

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Everyone's different. It also depends on the relationship. Some are harder to get over than others. Also some people just can't move on and/or don't know how to.

Personally, it depends on the relationship for me. I don't feel the need to keep them in my life either but at the beginning I do wonder how they're doing. But that sense of wonder tends to leave after a week or so.

2|0
    0|0
  • my problem has always been that I move on before the relationship starts.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's painless and easy to move if you had nothing special. It's only where the two of you had something strong and powerful that it makes it hard to let go of. Such connections don't happen all the time, and when in love, our brains release chemicals making us literally kind of addicted to that person.

My take is that you really have not yet been in love.

0|0
    0|0
  • I move on as well. It's just a lot harder to do when you didn't want the relationship to end, I guess.

1|0
    0|0
  • I totally agree with how you handle a break up 100%. That's exactly how I deal with things. I figure if they didn't want to be in my life, then why do I need to put effort into keeping them in my life?

It makes no sense. The relationship ended for a reason, so let it be and move on. Doesn't mean a person can't be sad or go through the grieving process. But it just means that you can't really dwell too long on the relationship ending.

So many people keep reliving the problems and dreams they had with a person who they broke up (or who broke up with them) with years ago. They don't allow themselves to be happy, they just keep going through the what ifs. That's unhealthy, you need to allow yourself to look at things realistically and realize that it's time to just let it go and find your happiness with someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I move on. It takes a bit to adjust but I do eventually move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never initiate contact or respond to his attempts. When it's over, it's over.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do, and I remove everything that reminds me of them. I do exactly the same as aMuses' answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • When a relationship ends I move on. It may take a week or two maybe more but move on why get all hung up on what has come to an end?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do move on and don't contact them

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes