Guys: should I forget about him and delete his number?

Going to summarize as best I can... We were on and off with texting, when we both got busy we both kind of disappeared. The first time when we just started talking, I was gone and hardly had phone access, but we talked about some pretty deep things already but then it got slack.. Then a month later, he contacted me again. It progressed, got more intense until he had to leave for a month so I let him be although he did apologize for being busy towards the end. Then it continued when he got back but we were never able to see each other due do circumstance. Well even when it got a little slow, I would still get random texts even if it would take him a while to respond, but he initiated. Then towards the end, he just got cold and distant and I tried to see him but of course, just my luck, I couldn't and I felt like a jerk and he didn't really give me reassurance when I said I felt like an A-hole for it which was really strange... he usually would. But beyond that, we both admitted that we liked each other, talked about being together, he even told me he imagined us together once a whole scenario... and I said that when he got back in a few months, it would be easier because I wouldn't have any issues coming to see him. But I hadn't heard from him in over a month. I wished him a Happy Thanksgiving last with NO response which I thought was really weird and rude to be honest... Why would a guy get so cold right before leaving for a while? I would have been there for him... Could he just be holding off until he gets back? It'll be at least 5-8 months.. But why wouldn't he at least say thanks you too?

Honestly, why would a guy do that? Would he have REALLY lost interest in a couple weeks after a 4 month thing? I doubt he was trying to get some and he even said so himself. I had this happen to me before and I was hurt, but more so this time because he actually said he felt for me which no one else ever has.. If he's disappeared before, do you think he'll come back like always? Or should I just forget about it and move on?

11