If you found out your girl/boyfriend cheated on you, you would...?

Basically if the girl or boy you're in a relationship cheated on you which option is closest to what you would do?

This again is general debate because it's a controversial issue.

• Dump them
    Vote A
  • Cheat on them for revenge
    Vote B
  • Depends on how far they went
    Vote C
  • Depends on how long we've been in a relationship for
    Vote D
  • Forgive them
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I think we have some social desirability bias going on here...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It would depend on a lot of things...did they come out and tell me or did I catch them sneaking around? How strong was our relationship before this happened? Was it a one time deal/person or multiple times with lots of different people? What was the underlying reason that caused them to cheat? How much do I love this person? Do they want to fix things and are they willing to work for resolve?

If we do decide to try and work things out, the deciding factor would ultimately be if I'm able to forgive them. If I realize that I just can't then we're done.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I would kick her to the curb. Done with her.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I'd be tempted to cheat on them for revenge, but I'm a bit more proud than vengeful to do that, so I would probably just dump them and never talk to them again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Leave. I've tried before but you never ever totally get the trust back, your relationship as you know it is over whether you leave or not and all you're left with is a sub standard version where you never feel totally safe

1|0
    0|0
  • I just wouldn't accept it, you're in a relationship for a reason. If you can't commit then don't be in a relationship. If you can't fight the temptation then I'm done. Bye.

1|0
    0|0
  • No matter how much I care for them and they disrespect our relationship like that, I'd dump em.

2|0
    0|0
  • I will be gone. Betrayal, and disloyalty is to painful for me to tolerate.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on how far they went. I wouldn't be able to make a decision until I know everything.

1|0
    1|0
  • I would break up with him

There's no other option for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't tolerate disloyalty.

1|1
    0|0
  • Voted a.

As long as cheated it is gone

0|0
    0|0
  • Dump them. This happened to me before, my ex cheated on me and I was absolutely crushed. I cried for hours at a time and I couldn't even eat.

3|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes