If you found out your girl/boyfriend cheated on you, you would...?

Basically if the girl or boy you're in a relationship cheated on you which option is closest to what you would do?

This again is general debate because it's a controversial issue.

• Dump them
  • Cheat on them for revenge
  • Depends on how far they went
    Vote C
  • Depends on how long we've been in a relationship for
    Vote D
  • Forgive them
    Vote E
I think we have some social desirability bias going on here...

111

Most Helpful Girl

• It would depend on a lot of things...did they come out and tell me or did I catch them sneaking around? How strong was our relationship before this happened? Was it a one time deal/person or multiple times with lots of different people? What was the underlying reason that caused them to cheat? How much do I love this person? Do they want to fix things and are they willing to work for resolve?

If we do decide to try and work things out, the deciding factor would ultimately be if I'm able to forgive them. If I realize that I just can't then we're done.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE