Boyfriend is having a baby with his ex and I feel jealous?

She has 4 months left of her pregnancy and she tricked him into getting her pregnant (said she was on the pill and wasn't). The closer it gets the more jealous I feel. I don't want to be jealous, but I can't help it. I don't mind sharing him with his baby, but it feels like I'm sharing him with his ex too, even though he wants nothing more to do with her and only wants to see his baby. I knew the situation before I got with him and I have no intention of breaking things off, I just want any advice on how to deal with my feelings.

So what would you guys do? Thanks for all your answers.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• She may have lied about being on the pill, but if he didn't use a condom then the blame still falls onto him. It takes two to make a baby. So, demonizing her for "tricking" him doesn't take away from the fact that he still chose to have unprotected sex with her.

There is no way to "deal" with it. Whether you like it or not, she will always be in his life, for the baby. His baby comes first which means the ex will always be in the picture. Honestly, if you can't handle that then it's probably best to end things now because this "issue" isn't going to just go away. If it's already causing problems and jealousy within your relationship, it's only going to get worse with time. If you can't accept the fact that he is having a baby with another woman who will continue to be in his life, then perhaps you should walk away.

Even though he says he doesn't want anything to do with her, he will still have contact with her. He will have to if he wants to be a good father. Things like this are complicated. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand your feelings about it, but, like I said before, it's only going to get harder once the baby arrives.

So, you can either get over those feelings and try to remain civil towards her (because she will undoubtedly be in his life, simply for the sake of the child), or end the relationship if it's too much for you to handle.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I said the same thing about the unprotected sex thing. I think it's just getting used to the idea of it, when I'm with him I forget about all of it, it's only when he's not around that I really remember. His ex is bi-polar and has threatened him many times, she's also quite controlling and that's exactly why she doesn't know about our relationship. He's scared shell stop him from seeing the baby, so we are waiting until after the birth to tell her. I think that might be why I'm feeling this way?

• Yeah, I understand. It is definitely difficult to date someone with a child. If you truly want your relationship to work then, like you said, it will take getting used to and a lot of maturity to ignore the ex and just focus on your relationship and of course his child. Just because he has a child with her doesn't mean there are any feelings involved. It just means he will need to communicate with her solely for the purposes of parenting and you'll just need to realize that and accept it.