Why did my boyfriend leave me? He broke up with me and is moving back home to a different state.

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 4 years, 2 of which we lived together. We've had our ups and downs, like any other relationship and for the past couple months we've been fighting even more. Whenever we do fight, he always says he wants to move back home with his family which is states and states away. He hasn't lived near them in the past 6 years and has always wanted to go back. We've even talked about me moving there as well, but I decided not too because I already have a career here. Anyway, one fight too many, he decided it was time to end things and move back home. We broke up about a week ago and it's been very awkward around the house. He is supposed to be leaving in a couple weeks and I'm so depressed. I don't know what to do. I begged for us to work it out, I got bitter and yelled and I ignore him. I do these 3 things over and over to the point where I don't know what to do anymore. It's obvious he has made up his mind... he already has interviews set up and school applications sent, but what do you think really made him want to move? Moving is not easy... he will have to start completely over and he's leaving me with everything. He is literally driving down there with his clothes and TV, that's it. And he will be staying with his mom until he gets back on his feet.

I just don't understand... He makes it seem like it's so easy. He barely shows any sympathy but still tells me he loves me, and I'm pretty sure he still does but he doesn't show it. He's not changing his mind.

How do I deal with this until he moves? How do I deal with this after he moves? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

What Guys Said 1

• Look , You cannot control people , if he wants to end it and run home to mommy then that is the way it is. The fighting spelt the end of the relationship and until he moves get more social , call old friends , catch up with them for coffee's etc. Things are changing so don't resist , change too.

What Girls Said 0