How do I get him to move in together?

My boyfriend and I have been together for six years now and I practically already live at his place but he won't let me move in officially by bringing all of my things over. How do I get him to just let me move in since we basically already live together?
Updates:
We have been dating since I was 15, I'm 21 now. He is 22.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Time to move on he's never going to marry you. You can't force him to let you move in.

0|0
    1|0
    • He and I have been together since I was 15. We have been planning our wedding since then. He already had me pick out a ring and has been making payments on it. Marriage isn't the question here. In our culture, and the way we were raised, you don't move in together until after you are married. Not before. I'm pushing for a change, and understand that it can be difficult for him to grow accustomed to the idea.

• Ok then that is different. If he's traditional accept his values and that's it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You can find a reason that will benefit him AND you. He might not see any really good reason to move in together unless you point it out to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • How come all the hot Mexican looking girls all have boyfriends that are not me Even though I've never had a first date, What are the chances of me getting one

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell Frank that you're moving in with him when you bring your bags of things with you whether he likes it or not I think he will in time

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I would talk to him about it and ask why. After six years I would expect at least to be living together, if not married by then. That's a long time and honestly he should know by now if he wants you in his life that way. Talk to him. And if he won't budge and you are both on different wavelengths then it may be time to find someone who suits your needs

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him why he doesn't want to

0|0
    0|0
    • In his eyes he is too young. He says that he wants to make more money before he takes on the commitment of taking care of me. He wants to wait for at least another year after we get engaged.

Recommended myTakes