If he kissed me on the cheek, does he want to get back together?

Last week I saw my ex for the first time since we broke up (he broke up with me 3 weeks before, for no reason other than he said we weren't right for each other). We genuinely agreed we wanted to still be friends. I suspect he may want to get back together and here's why.

- I saw him at a party. I was only there for an hour and a half and he spent the entire time sitting next to me talking to me.

- He hugged me about 4 times as I was leaving.

- One of the times he hugged me, he lingered for a moment afterward and looked at me as if he might kiss me. I pulled away and just awkwardly changed the subject (even though I still have feelings for him and would like to get back together, lol. I don't know why I pulled away - I guess I didn't want to make things weird).

- Another time he hugged me, he moved his hand to my lower back and told me that he was really happy I decided to come.

- These hugs were all just while we were standing there haha. They weren't spaced out; they were one after the other. He just kept hugging me.

- He walked me to my car as I was leaving. He hugged me and again told me he was happy I came. Then he quickly and clumsily kissed my cheek and walked away without saying anything.

- We had this text conversation that night before I went to sleep:

Him: Sorry if kissing you on the cheek was weird.

Me: It's fine. I know you weren't exactly in your right mind, haha.

Him: Who says I wasn't in my right mind?

Me: Well you were drunk. It didn't mean anything, did it?

Him: Everything I do means something.

Me: I don't understand.

Him: Everything I do has some meaning behind it. Even when I'm drunk I know what I'm doing.

(And then I didn't respond. I was too confused and sleepy to have any idea what to say.)

- He spent the entire next day texting me trying to convince me he wasn't really drunk. He didn't bring up the kiss again, though.

That's... a lot to read. Hahaha sorry. Anyway I wanted to know if it really does seem like he might want to get back together, or if it's just wishful thinking on my part. It really does seem like he might, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. Three weeks ago, he said we couldn't make it work. I don't know what could have changed his mind.

01

Most Helpful Guy

• You think to much but maybe he does. I wouldn't suggest you go back because he obviously has no clue what he wants. Move on and find a guy without the teen drama.

• You're so right. Thx!