Guys, how do you place those ex in your heart who you have a long, serious relationship with?

I, a girl in her early 20s, have been talking with a guy who is in his early 30s like everyday via txt and calls for almost half a year. We call each other very good friend who we can share stories with. And we give the other advice when it is needed, and we comfort each other when one is in trouble.

But as days go by, I feel there is something more inside but I am not sure what that is. Because he took things very slow while he still keep in touch with me on a daily basis. He told me that he was very careful in finding a girlfriend since he preferred to know the girl well in the first place. Actually, over these months, we did talk a lot but without hanging out much until recently he firstly used the word "date" to describe our third time meeting.

The thing is half a year ago before he started talking with me he had just finished a long and serious relationship of four years including the last year of long distance relationship. The girl, his ex, already got a new boyfriend in her country months ago. He said his breaking up with ex was due to the distance.

I am not sure whether he is ready to move on and I am worried that if I accept him as boyfriend , I would become his rebound girl.

He told me that his ex is the worst match with him ever but in the meanwhile, he also wrote some love notes to memorize her. And sometimes when he mentioned the places he went with her,through his eyes, I can feel the deep down sorrow in his heart. All of those make me think he still can't forget her or maybe he will never forget her?

However, on the other hand, I could also read strong affection to me via his eyes, body languages.

So guys, what is happening between him and me? how long does it take for you to get ready to move on and let go of your ex who you have a long,serious relationship with? How do you place those ex in your heart?

01

Most Helpful Guy

• The only ex worth keeping in my heart was the one that I fell in love with and who in turn loved me it ended due to distance and school but she has been a good friend since grade school and will forever have a place in my heart. Talk to him about it and see from my point of view he seems to be interested only way to find out would be talk with him.