I'm never really happy anymore?

Right now I don't really have any friends that I'm able to hang out with. I think it's been a couple weeks since I've hung out with someone. I work 6 days a week and Sunday is the only full day I get off and that ends up being spent as family time which further irritates me. Honestly I feel I never get to relax at all. Most of the time after work I'm too tired to do anything, plus it's dark outside already. Really their isn't a whole lot I can do by myself anyways. I suppose I could go bowling or go to the movies or something. Usually I go to the movies myself and that's fun. I've just noticed recently that I'm unhappy a whole lot more then I've been happy. Plus it seems like the weather is always crappy out and it's always nice out whenever we have some family get together like today. Then if I do manage to get a day off I don't even know what to do with myself and so I usually just end up sitting around the house and surf the internet. I've tried extremely hard to make more friends but I'm tired of things falling through and then they never text me back or whatever or they cancel on me. It's the same problem with girls. I've approached like 80 girls and not one phone number.

I hate to sound so negative but this is probably one of the nicest summaries of everything that's been bugging me for like the last year or so. Do you have any thoughts on this cause I really don't know what to think anymore.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been there. Just know it gets better. One time someone commented on a blog post I wrote about pretty much what you're feeling- never going out, not having any great friend connections. They told me to get a job at a restaurant. I went on a whim and applied at a local diner. Best decision of my life, I met so many great people and that's where almost every one of my friends is from. Now I'm not saying quit your job and go work at a restaurant. Just be open to doing something new where you're forced to connect with people. Maybe take a class? It sounds dumb, but it's the best advice I've ever got and I figure I'd try to pass it along.

• Is it possible to make friends with the bartenders if I go to a bar say once or twice a week the same time? Cutebutpractical gave me some nice advice about going to a bar to meet girls, but could I also make some friends their too with the workers who regularly work their? I recently got a new job and unfortunately there aren't any people my age and it's a small company.

• I'll take your advice though about trying something new. I suppose I could also go to a restaurant too on a regular basis and see who I meet. If I go to a restaurant regularly, where is the best place to sit? Do you want to sit at a table and eventually the waiters and waitresses will get to know me over time or would I be better off sitting at the bar if the restaurant has one. Also when is a good time that they aren't busy so I can actually talk to them? Thanks. Sorry for all the questions:)

• Doesn't matter where you sit! Don't come in close to close because that's when we're doing a lot of work! Any time they're not running around is a good time:)