My boyfriend says it's okay to have one one-night stand since we're in college? Isn't this cheating?

So me and my boyfriend were drunk last night for NYE. We were talking about cheating and how we take it and we both agreed that it's bad to hook up with other people while in relationships repeatedly. But he did say that one time is okay if drunk because it's college (we're both in college) and I told him I disagreed. He kept saying it's college so I just dropped it. But isn't that cheating, whether "drunk" or not? Now it makes me think that my boyfriend would want to make out with a girl at a party that I wasn't at and think that everything's okay. I'm going to talk to him about this again and tell him why I disagree with him. Is that a good idea for me to do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• One word comes to mind, moron. With that reasoning I'll go tell my wife it's OK if I get drunk and hook up one time with a neighbor because it's just 'life'. Think she'll go for it?

Once your in a serious relationship and consider it exclusive, any physical activity like that involving someone outside the relationship, drunk or not, can be considered cheating. If he wants an excuse to fool around with someone else you know how to give him his freedom to do. Yes, talk to him. Did I get his middle name right? lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• If you consider it cheating it is. He's justifying it in his head right now. There may be a girl out there that thinks it is OK, but you don't. You should be concerned.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless they play board games all night, it is cheating. He should be satisfied with you. Being drunk is not an excuse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should perhaps tell him that this isn't OK,

and after he starts using his jedi powers to convince you that it is,

you should break up with him and find normal guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • if he's bringing it up, he's either cheating or wants to cheat, and he wants you to agree with him that its okay so that he won't feel bad..

im a guy and I've been to college..

0|0
    0|0
  • you do what you feel you need to do, like we are not the ones with him. however I will say that yes you are right, it is cheating, I have gotten drunk so many times myself and am in college but that doesn't mean you can cheat, I wouldn't do that, someone I knew did that and I gave him a hard time over it because his girlfriend was a really nice person and it just wasn't right, the thing is he wasn't even that drunk, I think you deserve more, like I haven't met you but like everyone deserve to be treated with respect and cheating isn't a way to show it

0|0
    0|0
  • He made way for his future :D

0|0
    0|0
  • He should be dumped.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• It is cheating. I'd break up with a stupid boy like that if I were you.

1|1
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter what any of us say. It is YOUR relationship, so if you are not OK with it, you should make this very clear to him and break up if you feel that this is necessary.

But yes, I agree with you. This is a huge red flag and would make me extremely concerned if this happened in my relationship.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes