Girls: I'm married, is texting another girl cheating?

My wife of 10 years has been getting jealous because I text a girl I work with for an Hour straight at times when I'm at home.

The girl is 11 years younger than me and good looking. We flirt with each other. She likes it that I look like I'm 25. We immediately stuck together like glue when we first met and talk about everything. Yes, I mean everything.

My wife feels like she is getting cheated on and that I want this girl. Do you think this is cheating? Do you think I should stop texting this girl for an hour at a time when I am home?

141

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion, that is cheating. It's not physically cheating, but emotionally cheating. I had a talk with my boyfriend about what he thought constituted cheating...it's different for everyone. Both he and I agreed that emotional cheating is investing time in another person of the opposite gender (or same gender if homosexual...or either if bi) outside of what is necessary (such as work or school).

Especially because your wife is uncomfortable you should respect her wishes...stop texting this woman all together unless it is needed for work and absolutely necessary.

I do not text other men unless it is for work/school (which has been like once) and do not become emotionally close to them...I was on the other end of a similar situation...a man I was in grad school with became friends with me...we had a lot in common and he was married. I was pretty naive and we got close. I wasn't attracted to him in any way other than a friend...but he confessed to me that he liked me...I cut all ties with him out of respect for his wife.